Orange fixes 3G connection problems

Darren Allan

August 20, 2010

A number of Orange customers have been experiencing serious problems with their mobile broadband connections this week.

Some users experienced major surfing slow-downs and in some cases, a complete failure of the service. Orange admitted there was a problem and apologised yesterday, although it seems the company has now managed to resolve the issue.

Just over an hour ago, Orange tweeted: “Further to some data access problems witnessed on our network yesterday, we can confirm that normal service has been fully restored”.

Orange said that the outage was caused by an “unusual” software issue, which was unfortunately combined with a separate hardware failure, with both occuring simultaneously.

The company said it will continue to monitor network performance closely.

1. Ianc says:

Orange are WRONG THEY HAVE FIXED NOTHING.

As of 14:45 Surrey still getting “temporary internet problems”

That is since PM on the 18th.

See

And look at the 1000s of users around the country STILL getting nothing.

2. Richard says:

I have NO internet on my mobile STILL ! getting fed up with it now

3. Kelly says:

I have had no signal on my orange phone for over 4 hours. Have emailed them a complaint- it asks the best time to call, as i only have a mobile that would be never!!!
    Nothing has been fixed as far as I can see, they are useless. Will be complaining until I can get out my contract and go elsewhere.

4. Mari says:

I agree with the above. I’m still having problems (Tuesday afternoon). I keep resetting my network connections as advised initially by orange customer services, but this isn’t working any more. “sorry, there is no internet connection” keeps popping up. I am perplexed.

5. LS says:

I just moved in from Vodaphone to Orange because of a good deal with HTC desire. Thinking if I did a big mistake by changing service provider. Customer services is hopeless. The lady on the phone made me do excatly whats there on the website,and when its not working tried to make me do the same thing over again!. Useless customer services. If the internet does not work for few more days Im thinking of leaving them,Is it possible?

6. Kayley says:

Absolute crap. I have had no network coverage what so ever for a week now. Orange shop refuse to help. Just said here with a decent phone with no coverage. Not impressed.