Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Satellite TV > Satellite Help

Satellite Help Anything satellite related

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-08, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question ITV in the Netherlands

Hi,

I'm Grublet and totally new to this game. Have lived in Holland for 22 years, but can't hack it any more without ITV.
I have BBC1 and 2 via cable, but really want ITV. How do I go about it via satellite? Have no idea at all, so step by step instructions are a must for me. I usually catch on quite quick though.
Looking around a bit on the internet I understand that ITV is free to view, all you need to do is point at the right satellite (or something). Are there any kind people out there who will help this damsel in distress. Thanks!!
Grublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
clueless but getin there

Default Re: ITV in the Netherlands

itv is free to air on 28e
Physcogem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi Grublet ,

I also live in holland and like you my wife had to have ITV , couldn't live without it. I suppose the first thing we need to know is what kit do you have ? ie : dish + receiver .
I can tell you that we receive Itv 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , and quite a few more English programmes .

Regards ,
Fred.
fredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Satellite mad

Being in Holland you should not have too much difficulty receiving the Astra 2D satellite at 28.2E, on which the FTA ITV channnels are carried.

Here is the footprint form lyngsat
Astra 2D at 28.2E - LyngSat Maps

For working out where to point the dish go to dishpointer.com

The actual dish size would vary a liitle, depending on the actual location within Holland, probably starting at around 80cm and getting larger towards the West.

Fredhead, should be able to advise better, as he is on the spot.
Old 12-11-08, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: ITV in the Netherlands

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all your replys.
I haven't got anything as yet. Saw a couple of sets last night on the internet but don't know if they're any good. To be honest wouldn't know where to start. Am i better off going to a shop or looking at webshops?

Fredhead, I would love advise from you as you are getting what I want. ITV 1, 2, 3 and 4. I live nearby Dordrecht which is about 15 minutes SE from Rotterdam if that helps.

Would love to be able to have this set up asap as all the good dramas and series are on in the winter months.
Grublet
Old 12-11-08, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Satellite mad

If you have problems getting a receiver locally, one of the German sat shops would sort you out. satplace.de for example. Something like a Clark-tech 1500 would do the job.
Old 13-11-08, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hello Grublet ,

You shouldn't have any problems receiving all the FTA channels in Dordrecht . Firstly you should decide on how or what is best for you , do you want to buy all the pieces required separately or will you go for a complete package? If you choose to buy separately you will require a Dish as Robbo said 80 cm should be ok or go for something a little bigger to be safe , as for the rest :
LNB , Receiver , cable and connectors are required.
Will you attempt the installation yourself ?
If you do want to try yourself then the guys here can and will give you excellent advice and support.
If you really want everthing up and running a.s.a.p. you could buy all from a sat shop and they could also install for you , all you need to tell them is what Sat you want to receive .
Again as Robbo indicated you need Astra 2D satellite at 28.2E.
Robbo mentions the Clark-tech 1500 as a good receiver , I will leave all the technical stuff for him to inform you as he gave me expert advice when I started .
Keep asking questions until you're comfatable with everything.

Fred.
fredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-08, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
If you have problems getting a receiver locally, one of the German sat shops would sort you out. satplace.de for example. Something like a Clark-tech 1500 would do the job.
Have recieved this info from a sat web shop. Is this ok or not?

Ziezotec Electronics BV - Expat TV System
Old 13-11-08, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Satellite mad

Wayyy overpriced! It looks like a cheap and nasty receiver, and only a 64cm dish.

But the picture is good as it shows you the items you need.

I would expect to pay about that price for a nice TD88 (88cm) dish with a well known quality receiver like the Clarke Tech inc everything needed. Or you could get a Kaon FTA reciver, also a well known brand ( never tried one though) for 40 euros.

I mention the Clarke Tech as I have two Technomates, and they are basically the same beast, very easy to use and setup.
Old 13-11-08, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

So I now understand that i need a dish, a receiver, an LNB (what's that?), cable and connectors.

will go on the search and post what i've found. Just heard from my neighbour that his mate can set it up for me. He's got some kind of a thing thats sets the dish in the right direction? My mum will buy it for me for christmas (am allowed to get it now), so all I need to do is sort out what i need and order it.

Am getting excited as this is all new to me.