Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Satellite TV > Satellite News

Satellite News News from around the net that relates to satellite, receivers etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-09, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post Freesat software update causes problems for viewers

A recent Freesat software update has caused some problems for the owners of Bush, Grundig and Goodmans Freesat set top boxes. The three set top boxes come under the Harvard International brand. The company launched a software update that should have reorganised the equipments’ channel list, but instead of updating the set top boxes, the update [...]

More: Freesat software update causes problems for viewers
Satellite News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-10, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Freesat software update causes problems for viewers

Hi i know that this is an old thread but its the only one i can find that might fit my problem. I have a Bush HD freesat box that wont come out of standby. It has power going to it and the standby button is lit but just wont switch on, either with the power button or the remote (new battries installed). can anyone offer any advise please
bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-10, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Grumpy Old Sat Man

You might try pulling the plug and leaving it of for a couple of minutes, if that fails then try leaving it of for 1/2 an hour or so, failing that leave it unplugged for a night. I know that there had been a bit of trouble with the non Humax boxes at the start, but thought they had all been sorted out. Hope you get it sorted out soon mate. Please remember that the box must be unplugged from the wall socket and not just turned of at the switch.

Regards Wez
Old 24-02-10, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrywez View Post
You might try pulling the plug and leaving it of for a couple of minutes, if that fails then try leaving it of for 1/2 an hour or so, failing that leave it unplugged for a night. I know that there had been a bit of trouble with the non Humax boxes at the start, but thought they had all been sorted out. Hope you get it sorted out soon mate. Please remember that the box must be unplugged from the wall socket and not just turned of at the switch.

Regards Wez
Thanks for your reply. Yes have tried all of the above but with no joy. The box was unplugged for a few months due to moving house and when i reconnected it had the problem i mentioned
Old 24-02-10, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Grumpy Old Sat Man

Well we can rule out the IR sensor as it will not turn on from the box, so it i not just the remote which is having the problem. Just had a quick google and have not found anything like your problem mate. Did you try phoning Bush and having a word, might help?

Regards Wez
Old 24-02-10, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrywez View Post
Well we can rule out the IR sensor as it will not turn on from the box, so it i not just the remote which is having the problem. Just had a quick google and have not found anything like your problem mate. Did you try phoning Bush and having a word, might help?

Regards Wez
no not tried that. Post i have read seem to think that they are useless and not worth spending the money on but if all else fails ill try as a last result. Thanks for your efforts though mate
Old 24-02-10, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Grumpy Old Sat Man

NP just wish could have been of more help and that you had got it sorted. The Humax is the pick of the freesat receivers, never had any trouble with mine.

Regards Wez