Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Satellite TV > Sky/Astra2

Sky/Astra2 Post all your Sky related queries here

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-10, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sky White Card - Replacement

I currently have the old blue sky card (as I'm no longer a subscriber).

Does anyone know what the cheapest method would be to obtain a new white card ? - Would it be signing back up to Sky for a 1 month period on their lowest price package (which I believe is 19) ??

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
djb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-10, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Sky White Card - Replacement

You could subscribe to Nollywood, the Nigerian film channel,which offers a subscription for 5.99 per month.
You can just subscribe for a month(despite it stating a minimum 2 months),on the website.
SAT-WORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-10, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Bought one direct from them for 20 needs activating when you get it cos now they are married to box,gives all the extra ftv channels ie five five usa etc.
Rick9955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-10, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Something

You can order a fta/ftv sky white card on line for 20. The letter that comes with the card says you need to phone them to activate the card. However, just leave the receiver on the ftv channels and the card activates without the phone call.

If you like what you see here, tell your friends.
Jimdefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-10, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Grumpy Old Sat Man

I am not subscribed to them, nor have I for years now, but they sent me a card last year, I have sent that card to a lad in North Kerry, as I gave him the old blue card to use in his box, to allow him the receive Setanta. Then last week I got another card, which is a different card, this one is an Irish card, the other was an English one, from Manchester. I stuck the one which came last week into the box and it changed the channel list to the Irish one, but the card cleared nothing, as there is no such thing as a FTV card for Ireland, if we want to watch the Irish terrestrial channels we have to pay Sly. In the end I pulled the card, as there were no British channels, ITV and that, had BBC 1 & 2 NI. Anyway we are used to the line up the way it was.

Regards Wez
Old 21-02-10, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Something

We are not talking terrestrial here, the card is for satellite ftv channels. The whole system is regionally based so you get the EPG showing the region in which you are supposed to be located.

The digibox is pretty useless because you can add channels from all regions by entering the transponder details but that just adds the channels to a separate list and not to the EPG.

If you like what you see here, tell your friends.
Jimdefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-10, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Grumpy Old Sat Man

I know.

Regards Wez
Old 21-02-10, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I think what Wez meant, is that Sky Eire don't have the same FTV cards that the UK does. So where as an old UK card will give you a few extra channels such as Fiver, Sky3 etc. An old Sky Eire card is nothing more than an Ice Scraper.
Old 21-02-10, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Grumpy Old Sat Man

The only reason that I mentioned terrestrial channels was to let people know that to receive the Irish channels on satellite you must pay uncle Rupert he bucks. Even when all the British terrestrial channels were in NDS, a FTV card opened them, but, as Rick rightly says, you get nothing with a non paid up Irish Sly card.

Regards Wez