Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Digital TV > UK Cable > Cable boxes > Kryptview

Kryptview Discussions on the Kryptview cable boxes.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-10, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default kryptview a780 advice

i;m thinking of getting one of these boxes but i dont have wirerless internet i have a modem from vermin so dont have a wirerlese router . i have a few question on setting this box up .

1 once i have put the firmware into the box can i just connect it to my modem in the lan plug at the back of my modem then just scan for channels ?

2 & when i want to use my internet on my pc can i just unplug the box from the modem then plug my internet lead back in & use the internet again ?

3 & doing the above will i need to rescan box after i reconnect it to the modem every time i unplug it from the modem ?
4 or can i use a double adapter in the back of my modem so i have both connected at once if so where can i get the double adapter from ?

5 and most important can my isp detect i am useing the box to get free channels ?

Last edited by tomboy1; 10-06-10 at 05:51 PM.
tomboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: kryptview a780 advice

1 once i have put the firmware into the box can i just connect it to my modem in the lan plug at the back of my modem then just scan for channels ?

yes

2 & when i want to use my internet on my pc can i just unplug the box from the modem then plug my internet lead back in & use the internet again ?

yes but you wil not be able to watch the channels due to the box requires a constant connection to the internet in order to dycrypt the channels

3 & doing the above will i need to rescan box after i reconnect it to the modem every time i unplug it from the modem ?

No shouldnt have to keep rescanning

4 or can i use a double adapter in the back of my modem so i have both connected at once if so where can i get the double adapter from ?

Not sure what you mean by this but I suggest you invest in a DSL router

5 and most important can my isp detect i am useing the box to get free channels ?

I would assume that they can track which packets are being sent and received, however you should read the last post from The coder in this thread:

Kryptview Evolution Iconnector
unadkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: kryptview a780 advice

not sure where u mean last post from The coder in this thread: ?
sorry if i sound a daft sod cant find the last post from the coder ps i;m with virmin would i be best changing my internet provider to use one of these boxes ? to be on the safe side ? ps one more question how long will i get the channels from the net ?

Last edited by tomboy1; 10-06-10 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-06-10, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: kryptview a780 advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboy1 View Post
not sure where u mean last post from The coder in this thread: ?
sorry if i sound a daft sod cant find the last post from the coder ps i;m with virmin would i be best changing my internet provider to use one of these boxes ? to be on the safe side ? ps one more question how long will i get the channels from the net ?
This is the post I was talking about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoder
I think the servers are in strange places like India, China and Russia so not sure how much seizing will get done anytime soon. Also, as the servers for KV are effectively free then even if the servers did get seized there's no financial records or anything on them to track back to any clients. Excepts for some sort of initial session validation I'm not sure there's any form of logging done whatsoever.
As for Vm monitoring, well thats easily sorted by using a VPN tunnel. That way everything between the box and the VPN server is encrypted. VM would have no idea what the data is or where its going.

or you can change your ISP and that would solve the problem as well

secondly the channels are not from the net... the box is simply connected to the internet to update the keys.. I.e when the card gets updated with the new keys.. all other boxes are updated as well.

SO remember if the box is not connected to an active internet connection that means no channels will be Dcrypt... in other words you will see a dark black screen

There is no time frame on how long this methods will last... In simple words if VM manage to find counter attacking methods or if the servers get seized etc etc.

Last edited by unadkat; 10-06-10 at 08:57 PM.
unadkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 08:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

one last question what is a VPN tunnel ?
Old 11-06-10, 08:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Virtual private network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Migz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would add, the best thing to do (just my opinion) is to move away from virmin-If you have BT line move over to Orange-Much cheaper, and likely to take longer to stop the practice. Also in order for suppliers to trace your ISP, they would have to be acting illegally themselves. Virmin have great lawyers and are more likely to do it and get away with it!
Fatev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

thanks for all your great advice i think i will give this box a miss too much risk invoived in useing this box coss it only takes the isp to keep shutting down the servers all the time & VM to find counter attacking methods & all other isp;s thanks again it;s goodbye free tv for me at the moment untill one day n3 is hacked & i;m not holding my breath for that to happen soon
Old 12-06-10, 11:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

hi there, i wanted to get some information on the kryptview a780.... i jus purchased one and hooked it up to the cable line and ethernet cable from my router. i scanned it and all channels were picked up but except for the free to air channels none work! the original firmware on the box as i bought it has a date of 18/05/2010 and the software version says evolution v3.2.0 next to it. i tried to flash the box with the firmware that every forum says to flash but when i tried the loader jus came up with a "downloading is not requested" message. what could be the problem and what can i do about it?
thank you
harneetbains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-10, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

mate ,go back to where you got it from
stefan1961 is offline   Reply With Quote