can i copy a sky box card?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by dazler123, May 24, 2007.

1. dazler123

dazler123 Well-Known Member

hiya, a freind has asked me is it possible to programe a card for there sky box they have in there holiday home and has a box at his house where he lives, when he goes on holiday he takes the card from home with him and uses it in a sky box down there, the boxs are not chipped in anyway
    he keeps for getting to bring card back and i wondered could i copy his card so he will have 2 cards and could just leave 1 down there
    if this is possible could some one please let me no and how i would go about doing this i have a dynamite programmer and could really do with the help
    thanks for reading
    dazler

2. mr rx

mr rx Guest

nope! I thought sly married the card to the box and updated it with their N%S system, making it a real nut to crack. With the only option being CS'ing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2007
  3. dazler123

hiya, thanks for reply, if box has to be matched to card, then how come he can take his card from sky box (subscribed) at home and take it with him to box he is subscribed to in wales, and the card he takes with him has sports etc, but box in wales is minimum subscription, no sports, films, when puts card in he gets his whole package like at home
    i only want to copy card he takes with him so doesnt need to take it everytime and leave it down there
    thanks
    dazler

4. mr rx

mr rx Guest

I'm not 100% but the card has to be activated in the CORRECT married box. There maybe a time limit before the next activation, so have a card in the wrong box will miss the activation and will be dead. Only putting it back into the correct box will activate it.

Not 100% but i'm sure this is how it works.

5. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

Currently an active sky card will decode the basic channels in any Sky box, the premium channels can only be viewed in the Paired Box.

Sky cards CANNOT be copied.

6. dazler123

hiya all, thanks for all the replys, i will go and tell im the bad news
    thanks
    dazler :mad: :confused: :( :eek: :) ;) :D :eek: