Chipped Box Help

Discussion in 'Digital TV' started by footiesam1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. footiesam1

footiesam1 New Member

Hi I have had a chipped ntl Samsung box for a couple of years and have always paid the guy I bought it from everytime it lost the channels to put them back on. I have now moved and was wondering what I would need to put the channels back on myself? I have no previous knowelege of chipped boxes.
    Cheers Sam

2. gk5uk2

gk5uk2 Member

Everyone registered with actual accounts with VM will receive a new smartcard ( Nagra 4) over the next few months. a lot of areas have already received these cards. these cards allow Virgin to track all of their STBs and smartcards. the smartcards also gain intelligence on what sort of programs each household watches and change the adverts to be more effective at reaching their target market. the new smartcards also have an off setting that can switch off both the card and the stb. The main hub that tracks equipment will be looking at all power draws on the system and checking if these are valid accounts or pirates (chipped). from that information they are setting up legal teams to possibly call at the pirate addresses and collect the equipment as it is owned by VM. they are also looking at sending teams of techs out to physically disconnect the lines in the street boxes to prevent use when people move.

3. tiger56

tiger56 Well-Known Member

Dont know what the other guy is going on about mate! but in effect there is a new encrytion system,which has now made free t.v redundant.Probaly not even worth trying now mate it will be more expensive to get the right equipment and try to do it yourself, than it would to try and regain your losses at channels you may only have for a few weeks.:smile:

4. waqasahmed

waqasahmed Cost efficient muppet

What a load of bull. So they're apparently releasing N4, when they've already just released N3, and are due to release IPTV in 2012, which could indeed target ads to viewers

It also wouldnt matter if the smart card "knew" that the box is modified/chipped, seeing as though people are connecting to public servers, and they wont have "chipped" boxes. N3 was never hacked, so theres no need for N4 at this present moment in time

5. footiesam1

footiesam1 New Member

So would it not even be worth paying the guy I bought the box from to put the channels back on he charges £20 for this service? If he did put the channels back on for me how long would they last?

6. waqasahmed

Put it that way, you'd rather purchase my SV 2 :nah_nah: If you do not have TV in your area, its not worth paying any one for the service(even if they say they can "hack" it) Your best bet is to get either the following set up::

Cable:
    Kryptview A780
    Router or Router and Bridge

Satellite:
    Dreambox 500S

OR

Technomate 500S
    100cm motorised dish+motor

OR

You could have something like my sig(Im not on a motorised setup any more :( )

With the satellite side of things, you need to do a lot more reading in to dreambox's before you go ahead lol

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  7. jimbo

jimbo Moderator Staff Member

who do u work for?

8. waqasahmed

Last I heard, he was fired from Rumour mill, as he was unable to spread rumours successfully

9. jimbo

pmsl.

10. gerrybb

gerrybb New Member

Hi All Great Site Here! Can Any Of You Guys Be Able To Tell How To Get My Pace Box's Return Path Back On?

11. Lacutas

Lacutas Well-Known Member

Whoops, somebody has modded a subbed box lol. which model is it, there will be a track cut on the board, or a track cut in the tuner,depending on the model, the track is cut in different places.

12. waqasahmed

Might not be if they've used the addon :d

13. gerrybb

gerrybb New Member

hi mate its a pace box , its the one with only one card slot, most of the buttons on the right hand side,and the tuner looks like it couldnt be
    replaced. i bought an old ntl one which looked the same only to discover
    the tuner was very different??:dance:

what do i do... know

fix?
    overload it?

14. tdubman

tdubman ipost what iknow not read

whats the model number

15. gerrybb

gerrybb New Member

Sorry to bore you again ! the model is di 4000-t
    thanks in advance:dance:

16. Lacutas

Lacutas Well-Known Member

its cut on the board, look at the top left of the board about 3 or 4 inches from the top on the left side, use a magifying glass, its near the edge, and you will where they have cut it, you will need to rejoin the track, I would drill a tiny hole in each side of the track, shove a peice of wire through then solder, I would use solid bell wire, it will be easier.

17. jimbo

but if ur returning it they might just open it and see its been tampered with, u have been warned.

18. ammo1111

ammo1111 New Member

Can anyone help my vm chipped box has worked perfectly for the last 14 months. But today I lost my half my channels. Movies are gone but still have sport. What do I need to do ?
    Box is explorer 4200 DVB if that helps

19. Robbo

Robbo Satellite mad

Electronics engineer and satellite installer
    Start paying for your TV, or go without. N3 is upon you.:lol::lol:

Or do some research.

20. jimbo

great introduction, new members are asked to do so in the proper section.