Freesat TV Guide not populating

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by Penelope, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Penelope

Penelope Member

Hi everyone

I have a Panasonic Viera TV with inbuilt freesat and recently the tv guide has not been populating. I used to be able to see the programmes for a week ahead, but now its only for a few hours ahead. No programme info is available and its touch and go whether I can record anything. This is affecting all channels.

I have tried wet and dry reboots, retuning, factory restart, contacting Panasonic and Freesat all to no avail.

Please keep it simple if helping me, as I am not great with technology.

Many thanks.

2. reddiesel

reddiesel Moderator Staff Member

Have a look in the menu at manual scan transponder edit and see if you have 11428 H 27500, that carries the main epg for a week , you get the days epg off most of the other transponders but if thats missing add it in that might help.
    It is a common fault with a chip on the "A" board on these sets according to a google search, have you got a good signal and picture ?

3. Penelope

Penelope Member

Hello Reddiesel and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I am an idiot when it comes to technology and I cant find the manual scan transponder edit in the menu. Would it go under another title?
    The picture quality is good and the signal is scoring 9 out of ten.
    Thanks again.

4. reddiesel

In the set up you should have the option auto or manual scan ?
    It might be slightly different in your menu ?
    You can download a user manual from the panasonic website if your still not sure.

5. Penelope

Penelope Member

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

I do have a user guide, but when it comes to technology I am completely clueless. I dont know what it is I am scanning, or what I am looking for.

If you could explain in the most simple of terms, I would be grateful. Sorry!

6. reddiesel

You said you have tried retuning that is scanning for channels, it searches for transponders first usually, then the channels, they change them around sometimes and you might find you are missing some ? do you have the option auto or manual ?

7. Penelope

Penelope Member

Thank you for your patience.

I have a freesat tuning menu, which can only be udated via auto setup.

I also have 'other satellite tuning menu' which gives me a manual tuning option. I put in 11428 as you suggested but 27500 wasnt there. I couldnt find the option to add it in, but it may be that it comes under a name I dont recognise. I ran the 'add new channels' option but again 27500 doesnt seem to be amongst them, if indeed that is the name of a channel. Sorry for being so ignorant.

8. reddiesel

The other sat tuning menu may be for adding other satellites only,it sounds like you have auto only for scanning if you google lyngsat 28.2 you can check if you have all the free channels listed, if you have all the free ones then i suspect thats not your epg problem and i would suggest getting an engineer out for an estimate, or it might be cheaper to buy a freesat receiver, maybe you could borrow one to try ?
    This video may help

9. Penelope

Penelope Member

Thanks very much for all your help and advice. I think my brother might have a spare box, so will maybe try that if all else fails. I do appreciate all your time in trying to help me. Will let you know eventually what the outcome is. Bye for now.