Get your Virgin Media Loyalty Discount Now!

Discussion in 'Digital TV' started by el_benno, Jul 23, 2009.

1. el_benno

el_benno Well-Known Member

Right, my brothers just done this and passed it onto me..

If you have been with Virgin Media for 12 months, you are entitled to a customer loyalty discount..

Ring 0845 454 111 (or 150 from home) and take the option "thinking of
    leaving virgin media".

Tell them you are changing to BT because their new customer deal is
    better than what Virgin will up-grade you to as an existing customer (be
    sure to mention the reason or they will just disconnect you).

You are entitled to a loyalty discount if been with them for more than
    12 months.

My bro got his 10meg broadband, phone and basic TV package reduced to HALF what he was paying before! Plus a free wireless router!

Its worth noting that if you cancel your subscription to Virgin and then re-subscribe within a 6 month period, you are NOT classed as a new customer.

Hope this helps..:cheers:

2. tigro

tigro Well-Known Member

dont forget it will probably subscribe you to virgin for another 12 months aswell

3. el_benno

Good point..

4. waqasahmed

waqasahmed Cost efficient muppet

Has anyone else tried this? Seems interesting :D

5. andy_bhoy67

andy_bhoy67 New Member

I do this every 12 months, my current 12 months is up this month so will be giving them another call. At the moment I am paying £31 for XL TV(daft I know having a eurovox but good for price and had setanta in 2 rooms), Phone and M broadband.

6. ant16151189

ant16151189 Well-Known Member

i dont get exactly what your meant to say to them

i have been on virgin 10mb for 12 months then then put me on another contract for 12 months and have been on it for like 2 months now.

so what i cant get discount then.

thanks

7. Lacutas

Lacutas Well-Known Member

I rang them up about three months ago. Got a V+ box for one off £30.

XL package, phone (free calls weekend and after 6), 10 meg braodband

£36 month.

8. ant16151189

just rang up best they could do was give me half price broadband for the next 2 months. so now get 10mb internet medium phone and medium tv for £12.50 instead of £25.00 for the next 2 months.

better than nothing.

:cheers:

9. el_benno

Keep at em mate, tell em your still not happy and are thinking of going to Sky...
    Anythings better than nothing, right!?

10. jambutty

jambutty Well-Known Member

Knowing my bloody luck if I rang them and told them I can't afford this broad band anymore they would probly say to me, OK Mr Butty thanks for being with us for 4 years and being a great customer and we are sorry you can't afford to be with us any more and we will cut your feed off after we have took the last payment from you.
    AJ:lol::lol::lol::lol:

11. spudong7

spudong7 Member

im paying 20 squid for the lot with tv 10mg broadband and jellyphone ive added the anytime calls to th package and cos i pay online they knock a knicker off so get for 27 squid but they would ne give wirless router are well u cant win em all

12. jambutty

jambutty Well-Known Member

All I get is broadband fer £22 per month, I ain't got a phone cos phones bug me wi people always ringin me up when I'm doin sumert interesting and they are on fer ages and then I go an ferget wot interesting thing I was doin, so I ****ed me phone off and just keep me mobile and this way people don't ring me up and myther me has much when they gotta ring me on me mobile, if yer know wot a mean.
    So all a get is bb at £22 a month, wot ****ing well bugs me is that there is an old boot who lives on same estate as me and her an her husband are ****ing loaded, they both on disability and churning in about £600 per week between them and they rang vm and said they can't afford it so they whacked there package down to £10 a month.
    Like I said if I rang em an said a can't afford it theyd say ok we will pull the plug on yer and nice knowing you Mr Butty.
    This ****ing well ****es me off when all these ****s we money get all the benefits and decent hard up guys like me get Rock All.
    Wot Am A Doin Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!
    AJ, Jam, Alan, aka jambutty.:wacko:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  13. waqasahmed

Just wondering whats the cheapest company for both broadband and landline calls? I say landline because O2 have a cheap BB contract if you're already a mobile customer with them-cheap and reliable :D But unfortunately, this doesnt include the telephone. Then again, I dont need the telephone much and I could just say to VM Im moving to O2 :D

Also we're on benefits but thats only because my dads on a low income job :D and my mum doesnt work

14. ant16151189

just called them complaining about how much i pay, and now get tv phone and bb for £20 per month. so very happy now lol

15. waqasahmed

Just wondering what were you paying first? We pay £20 a month for BB and the phone. Im thinking of calling them in a months time when they refund me £10 on the bill. Well the customer service guy said that they'd refund me anyway :D So if they dont, I have one more thing to complain about :D

16. ant16151189

i was paying £25 per month for 10mb, m phone and m tv. now its £20

17. waqasahmed

can I ask what package TV you were on?So I know what to complain about :D

18. ant16151189

what i do is i firstly press the option on the phone thinking of leaving us.

once i put through to them i start by saying im really not happy with my broadband at the moment and i have had it to here with it. i feel i want to leave, they say what seems to be the problem. then i say well im paying for 10mb and when i go to download anything like 1gb or more, my broadband gets set to 2mb for 5 hours. this makes my internet unusuable, and cause i like to download alot i always seem to be on 2mb. if this is the case i think i should get 02 broadband and i will always be on 2mb and for a cheaper price. then say im not paying £25 for 10mb broadband, M phone package, M Tv package. say im not happy paying £25, this is too much for 2mb, i would like my package reduced to a much more affordable rate.

they should knock some money of it.

thanks

19. chazkelly1985

chazkelly1985 Well-Known Member

i used to work beside virgin (or telewest as it was known then) and sometimes helped out on the phones (as i was that an aol tech support idiot people phone when they cant get online)

anyway

we were always told do everything in your power to keep the customer

i put a woman on bb, unlimited landline calls and basic tv with an upgrade of the film + sports channels for 2 months and told her to call back in 2 months and get another 2 months free - all this for under £30 a month -

as long as you have the bottle to do it keep saying you are thinking of leaving and your not sure, or stuff like you are starting to win me round, thinks like that - it also helps if you say such and such got a better deal and you want one like that and maybe say something was wrong with a few of your previous bills

as long as you dont swear aggresivley at the agent then they can put you on near enough anything

20. Bandit1.3

Bandit1.3 Well-Known Member

Hi just gave them a ring as i dont need tv get there freeview packages but have there broadband 10Mb and talk evening and weekends was paying £31.45 a month upgraded broadband to 20MB drop price to 28.00 a month im happy use the internet more also said if i get any better offers to give them a ring. This price includes my £11.00 a month line rental .