Here's hoping someone can help me with Human Foxsat reception

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by m47, Oct 28, 2017.

1. m47

m47 Well-Known Member

Hi,

my Human Foxsat HDR has worked perfectly without problems receiving Freesat for years.

Suddenly, no TV picture or sound although all menu functions etc work. So obviously no signal. Aerial cables at rear seem fine. Satellite dish not moved. So I suspect that the LNB has stopped working.

So I buy a new LNB and fit it. No difference.

So I borrow an identical Human Foxsat HDR from a friend. Instantly I have a picture.

BUT, and this is the problem. Although diagnostics show me two strong input signals, it will only let me watch or record one item. Anyone have any ideas why?

It seems to have two inputs but only one is valid. I have replaced the new LNB with the old one which clearly wasn't faulty at all, and this makes no difference.

Suggestions please. And thanks

2. m47

m47 Well-Known Member

This is the diagnostic screen showing two signals. They both have the same transponder data. Is this normal?

Attached Files:

3. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you have a faulty tuner in the box. You can try swapping the feeds from the dish to rule out a LNB/Cable problem - if the same tuner works then there is a problem with the other. I'm not familiar with the box, is there a full reset option and/or firmware upgrade option you could try?

martin-f likes this.
  4. m47

m47 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply. Switching the input feeds makes no difference. I still appear to be getting two feeds but the box will only use one. Seems odd if my friend has a faulty box too although I can't verify properly as the box hadn't been used for some months since the dish blew down in a storm.

5. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

If the box is only using the same input, then it is a box/configuration problem, if it's now using the other connection, then that suggests dish/cable.

You said when you connected your friends box that it worked!

martin-f likes this.
  6. ABA

ABA Member

I had one years ago during a software update it went bellyup lucky was still under warrenty they changed it for been ok since

martin-f likes this.