Internet problem with Panasonic Viera

Discussion in 'Digital TV' started by Jondy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jondy

Jondy Member

I've just bought a Panasonic Veira TX-L37E30B iTV. I've connected it to my network via a Solwise Homeplug system (using the electrical wiring). Set-up was straightforward and initially I was able to access the Panasonic internet services through Connect. However, I have been unable to access any services on a number of times. When this has happened I have conducted a network connection test and the result has always been successful. Tonight I was able to watch a streamed movie in its entirety without problem but about 10 minutes later I was unable to access any services.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Thanks for your help.

2. nibblitz

nibblitz Well-Known Member

Hardware Break/Fix & Service
    I would test the TV with a direct connection to your router, to identify if its your homeplugs causing the problem or if its the TV.

3. Jondy

Jondy Member

Thanks for that tip. I've just tried that and it hasn't made any difference. I was able to access the web services this morning but not at all this evening. Very frustrating. I'm not sure what else I can do as the connection test always indicated a successful connection.

4. nibblitz

I wonder if there is something wrong with Viera Connect (Panasonic server problem) as its not working on my TV either at the moment..

5. Jondy

Jondy Member

That's interesting - I connected first time immediately this morning. I'll see what happens this evening.

6. xetradax

xetradax New Member

I'm also having trouble with Viera Connect internet services. I'm using a recently bought Panasonic Viera TX-P42GT30. No problems at all until yesterday (8th Jan 2012). Now if I hit "internet" on the remote, all of the squares that used to contain apps (iPlayer etc) are just blank.

I've tried disconnecting the TV for 20 minutes, and trying again. No issues with my internet connection, but I have noticed that http://www.panasonic.co.uk/ is loading VERY slowly on my PC. Perhaps they're having server issues?

Is this a similar issue to the one you're experiencing? I've attached a screenshot.

Attached Files:

• tv.jpg
      tv.jpg
      File size:
      343.5 KB
      Views:
  7. nibblitz

Yes, that exactly whats been happening for me.. It must be Panasonic having issues.

8. heatherp1

heatherp1 New Member

Yes, me as well, very frustrating. OK at 5.30pm tonight, but not working now.

9. Jondy

Jondy Member

Yes - my problem is the same. Haven't been able to access the services this eveniing at all. I've emailed Panasonic but don't expect a response.

Has anyone got any ideas what to do about this?

10. Jondy

Jondy Member

Just received this email from Panasonic, so it looks as though the problem will be fixed:

hank you for your enquiry.
    In response to your email there is an issue with the Viera connect servers this is being investigated by our factory and will be resolved as soon as possible.

We are investigating the problem and we will update our FAQ section on the website with more information shortly.

I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by sending an email using this form: www.panasonic.co.uk/email
    please include your ticket reference in the message.

Kind Regards,

Joseph McLachlan
    Online Support Team
    Customer Communications Centre
    Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH

11. pbarts

pbarts New Member

I too am having connection problems, but my symptoms are different. Intermittently, Viera is unable to obtain an IP address from the router. It says it sees the network, but can't connect. It worked fine last night. Most of the time it works fine, but every now and then it complains. I don't know how to fix it, except to keep trying. I know the router is working, because our wireless computer connections are working fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

12. pbarts

pbarts New Member

FWIW- it's back now. I rebooted the router and that may have helped, but I still need help to keep it from being a problem.

Thanks.

13. RR-TV

RR-TV Ex cable guy

sia doorman, vinyl stickers
    its more then likely your router lease times, i have a vt30 for 7 months, no issues at all on wired or wireless

14. pbarts

pbarts New Member

Are router lease times changeable?

15. Stainless

Stainless New Member

I have the same problem as noted in this thread, but it is now October 12, whereas initial post was Jan. I have e-mailed Panasonic twice, no answer. Via phone helpline, suggested solution ("try different channels on your router") has not worked. I get time-outs, different failure messages, and when I get furthest through the laborious connection process, instead of getting the on-screen internet options, I get a blank screen, which then reverts to whatever TV or Radio channel was running. I think I have wasted my money on the Pansonic wirelss dongle, as it simply does not work.

16. Chillman789

Chillman789 New Member

I have been doing some research here and I admit I'm in the twilight zone a bit but here goes. The forums are all a bit vague to the problem. Common denominators include automatic setting lasts for a while then glitches via TP-Linked adaptors or wireless etc.,. So I tried manual setting. An all the menu on tv goes green BUT last one does not get ticked. [Black if failing and 008 error message too very quick on]. So then I blamed the TP links but they appear to be working after several resets and pairings. However, I did notice they cannot bump out of their power-saving mode linked to a BT Homehub Router 2. So more research reveals lots of problems with these too! MMMMMM GRRRRR! [The Homehub's can also go into Powersave modes too!] I'm wondering if this with hub encryption upsets Vierra? OR Panasonic server is going down regularly?] One problem: when I visited a Panasonic shop this morning server working fine with Viera on wireless! Extension work now on router advanced programming to allow Hub to accept server from Panasonic? Otherwise I'm back in la la land folks - unless you know something I don't?lol