ip address of dreambox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by hardknocks, Mar 29, 2008.

1. hardknocks

hardknocks Active Member

i have just installed internet at my house and my dreambox has the same ip address as my router and i can't network it . how can i change my ip of my dreambox to a different ip so there won't be a conflic. i have my dreambox as xxx.xxx.10.1 and my router is the same xxx.xxx.10.1 my ip of pc is xxx.xxx.10.3 the reason i know my db is the same is i open up dreambox edit and talk to it and it can with that ip.. i can go to run and type CMD and then check my ip of my pc and it is xxx.xxx.10.3 subnet 255.255.255.0 and my router says xxx.xxx.10.1

2. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

It's in the setup/communication settings I believe, don't have one to hand to try

3. nanochickin

nanochickin Well-Known Member

You will need to go into the following

Menu-> 6 -> Expert setting-> Communication setup

Just tich the DHCP box and your router should give it an ip address. If not untick DHCP and enter your own IP address :dance:

:cheers:

Nano

4. Jimdefruit

Jimdefruit Super Something

hardknocks, also make sure that your Dreambox netmask is 255.255.255.0 and the other two addresses should be that of your router. Tick the 'allow networking' box. If you occassionally add devices to your network' dont use dhcp on your Dreambox otherwise the Dreambox address may change and you will have difficulty finding the Dreambox from your pc.

I always prefer fixing network addresses rather than letting the system control me.

5. kerrywez

kerrywez Grumpy Old Sat Man

Just to add to the very good advice you have received from Nano and Jim, if you are going to use DCC, DreamboxEdit or most of the tools, you would be best to set your dreambox to 192.168.0.24, netmask 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.0.1 and that will allow the tools to connect. You will need to un check the DHCP box in the network and tick the LAN box. This is how my network is set up. Your PC/Laptop ip needs to be 192.168.0.1

Very best regards Wez

6. Jimdefruit

Jimdefruit Super Something

Sorry but that is not right wez.

If the router has a network address of 192.168.10.1 then the Dreambox must have an address or 192.168.10.?. The question mark can be anything between 2 and 255 but not the same as any other device on the network.

7. hardknocks

hardknocks Active Member

i have got it all set up with your guys help. actually one of my problems was the router went on the brink and i had to replace it. Thanks for your help

8. Leeno

Leeno New Member

What if you don't have a router ??

Just straight from PC to Dreambox?

9. nanochickin

nanochickin Well-Known Member

You just use a crossover cable and set up a static IP address for the Dreambox. I usually set it as the next one up from the PC. :smile:

For example 192.168.2.24 & 192.168.2.25

:cheers:

Nano

10. Analoguesat

Analoguesat manic midlander retired mod

badly paid school computer technician
    If you have a router its worth setting that up as your dhcp.

My network looks like this:

192.168.0.1 - router (set as dhcp)
    192.168.0.2 - dell main computer
    192.168.0.5 - network printer
    192.168.0.10 - dreambox

then laptops, slingbox, radio linked old computer, on other numbers etc. All my kit is set up with static ip addresses assigned by me.

DONT have more than one item set up as the dhcp!
    etc etc.

11. satechchat

satechchat Member

I did what mentioned as above. But when I tried to connect via Dreambox control center, its saying "error no 10057....socket not connected"

Please guied me how I can able to connect my PC with DM500s.

12. kerrywez

Did you let DCC search for the box? Most of the software now is set to work on the settings I gave you earlier in this thread, but you need to let DCC search for the box.

Very best regards Wez

13. satechchat

satechchat Member

Do I have to change my PC ip address as per your address and so on for DM? plz confirm.

My Pc Ip is different from that of your's at the current state.

I did for search the box also. but DCC took a very long process time to do that even search bar reached 100%.

Plz confirm.

14. kerrywez

Hi,
    I should have told you that for my method to work you MUST HAVE DIRECT CROSSOVER CABLE.

If you have a router then you would be better to use DHPC for your settings, but on this occasion you MUST HAVE A PROPER CAT 45 CABLE. this is where you may be going wrong and that is the root cause of your problems, please ensure that you are using the correct cable for the type of network you are setting up.

I hope this is of some help to you and you have it sorted very soon.

Very best regards Wez

15. satechchat

satechchat Member

I have used Direct cross-over cable, even I changed cable to another one (in case of faulty).

You didn'y answer me my previous PC ip address releted question. My IP address is different from your one. should I change IP address of my pc to match with your? plz confirm.

16. kerrywez

Hi,
    Sorry, but I thought I did that. OK if, and you say that you have a driect crossover cable, then use the addresses I use. If you use a router for your internet connection, then if you change the PC addy then you might not be able to connect to the net. I do not have broadband nor do I have a router, though I will be using one very soon, I found it the only way to get my network to work.

Hope this helps you.

Very best regards Wez

17. satechchat

satechchat Member

Its okay now and working. I used one up (last 4th digit) from my PC ip address and follows your DM500S network menu fill-up mrethod. its 100% working. One thing I got One message, 'Boot Manager not found' in DCC. plz help me regarding this issue.

By the way, I did VLC streaming into my PC from this, I am able to watch MPEG4 channels, 100% working.

Is there any other way to do streaming? some body told me about Dreambox Manager. plz confirm

18. Analoguesat

Analoguesat manic midlander retired mod

badly paid school computer technician
    DM500's dont support mpeg 4.

19. bamjames

bamjames Well-Known Member

student
    Check this out
    h**p://www.alsat.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=214089&highlight=stream+control+center

Works with my TM9100s It also works with DBs:righton:

20. satechchat

satechchat Member

Its work 100%............enclosed photos taken from my pc lastnight....these are 9X & B4music from Asiasat3 MPEG4 channels

Attached Files: