iPod video

Discussion in 'Home Media' started by rqwilliamsjr, Jan 5, 2006.

1. rqwilliamsjr

rqwilliamsjr Member

The new iPod video is the best thing since sliced bread. I have not been able to watch Lost this entire season until I got the new iPod video. I have finally caught up and absolutely love it. The only problem is after about 2 hours of watching videos, the battery is almost dead. I guess the backscreen stays on and thats why the battery runs up so quick. All I know is I should hav bought a iPod earlier.

2. Think

Think Member

Student
    I really want an ipod, but I figure I'll never actually watch the videos, so I'm kinda waiting for ipod videos to take over the ipod market so I can get an ipod color/photo for less than $250. I hope that day will come.

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

Student
    I got a video for christmas. Before i got one i was under the impression that i would be able to buy full length movies from iTunes but i saw you cant. I looked online and found a DVD to iPod converter from cucusoft for $30 that works great. I can get through full length movies but then the battery craps out. Too bad it didnt come with a wall charger for the $400 price tag.

4. rqwilliamsjr

rqwilliamsjr Member

you would think the battery would last longer than 2 hours. It does crap out but the video quality is really good. Is that converter the only way to do the DVD thing? Also, is there a free version?

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

Student
    The converter is the only way that i have found to do it some of my friends use the converter too. The demo version for the software is free but it puts a black line throught the middle of the screen that makes it impossible to watch the movie except fot the very top and bottem of the screen. The converter is also just slightly faster the real time so i convert them over night or when i have an hour or two that i will be away from the computer. The nice thing about it is that it takes away all of the special features and dvd menu and leaves you with only the raw movie so it dosent take up too much space.

6. Lgolos

Lgolos Member

And... WHY would you buy an iPod? Unless you want to spend money, and don't mind middling quality. There are SO many better options, people are just too ignorant.

7. thina

thina Member

The Apple iPod is really cool,it has a lot of features, but the battery sucks! It doesn't take long! But its really cool, I'm gonna recommend you to get a PDA screen Protecting film to avoid scratches.Overall, i really love my new ipOd video, and recommend you to buy one if you have the money.

8. Lgolos

Lgolos Member

9. foxvince

foxvince Member