kryptview a780 advice

Discussion in 'Digital TV' started by tomboy1, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomboy1

tomboy1 Well-Known Member

i;m thinking of getting one of these boxes but i dont have wirerless internet i have a modem from vermin so dont have a wirerlese router . i have a few question on setting this box up .

1 once i have put the firmware into the box can i just connect it to my modem in the lan plug at the back of my modem then just scan for channels ?

2 & when i want to use my internet on my pc can i just unplug the box from the modem then plug my internet lead back in & use the internet again ?

3 & doing the above will i need to rescan box after i reconnect it to the modem every time i unplug it from the modem ?
    4 or can i use a double adapter in the back of my modem so i have both connected at once if so where can i get the double adapter from ?

5 and most important can my isp detect i am useing the box to get free channels ?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. unadkat

unadkat Well-Known Member

1 once i have put the firmware into the box can i just connect it to my modem in the lan plug at the back of my modem then just scan for channels ?

yes

2 & when i want to use my internet on my pc can i just unplug the box from the modem then plug my internet lead back in & use the internet again ?

yes but you wil not be able to watch the channels due to the box requires a constant connection to the internet in order to dycrypt the channels

3 & doing the above will i need to rescan box after i reconnect it to the modem every time i unplug it from the modem ?

No shouldnt have to keep rescanning

4 or can i use a double adapter in the back of my modem so i have both connected at once if so where can i get the double adapter from ?

Not sure what you mean by this but I suggest you invest in a DSL router

5 and most important can my isp detect i am useing the box to get free channels ?

I would assume that they can track which packets are being sent and received, however you should read the last post from The coder in this thread:

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/95976-kryptview-evolution-iconnector-8.html

3. tomboy1

not sure where u mean last post from The coder in this thread: ?
    sorry if i sound a daft sod cant find the last post from the coder ps i;m with virmin would i be best changing my internet provider to use one of these boxes ? to be on the safe side ? ps one more question how long will i get the channels from the net ?

4. unadkat

This is the post I was talking about:

or you can change your ISP and that would solve the problem as well

secondly the channels are not from the net... the box is simply connected to the internet to update the keys.. I.e when the card gets updated with the new keys.. all other boxes are updated as well.

SO remember if the box is not connected to an active internet connection that means no channels will be Dcrypt... in other words you will see a dark black screen

There is no time frame on how long this methods will last... In simple words if VM manage to find counter attacking methods or if the servers get seized etc etc.

5. tomboy1

one last question what is a VPN tunnel ?

6. Migz

Migz Well-Known Member

7. Fatev

Fatev Member

To serve others ;-0
    I would add, the best thing to do (just my opinion) is to move away from virmin-If you have BT line move over to Orange-Much cheaper, and likely to take longer to stop the practice. Also in order for suppliers to trace your ISP, they would have to be acting illegally themselves. Virmin have great lawyers and are more likely to do it and get away with it!

8. tomboy1

thanks for all your great advice i think i will give this box a miss too much risk invoived in useing this box coss it only takes the isp to keep shutting down the servers all the time & VM to find counter attacking methods & all other isp;s thanks again it;s goodbye free tv for me at the moment untill one day n3 is hacked & i;m not holding my breath for that to happen soon

9. harneetbains

harneetbains New Member

hi there, i wanted to get some information on the kryptview a780.... i jus purchased one and hooked it up to the cable line and ethernet cable from my router. i scanned it and all channels were picked up but except for the free to air channels none work! the original firmware on the box as i bought it has a date of 18/05/2010 and the software version says evolution v3.2.0 next to it. i tried to flash the box with the firmware that every forum says to flash but when i tried the loader jus came up with a "downloading is not requested" message. what could be the problem and what can i do about it?
    thank you

10. stefan1961

stefan1961 Member

mate ,go back to where you got it from

11. harneetbains

harneetbains New Member

i got it from lincsat website... could it be that my laptop has windows vista rather than XP? so vista still isnt abl to flash boxes?

12. nick999

nick999 Well-Known Member

move away from VM broadband? lol are u serious? id rather have no internet than move to a diffrent provider!!, going down the route of changing isp,s vpn,s, etc is just for the ultimate paranoind people, its not needed, VM dont care about the odd random person getting free tv, if they did they would of clamped down yrs ago!, i got my 780 yday, mainly for me dad as tv is crap anyways, but wont be doing diffrent isp, vpn,s etc

13. Fatev

Fatev Member

To serve others ;-0
    I had the same problem, I deleted all channels, re-set the factory settings, re-flashed the box (ur FW & S/W is fine as I used the same) changed the LAN cable and RS232 cable and hey presto all cool;)

14. Fatev

Fatev Member

To serve others ;-0
    If this all fails, send the box back!

15. easyas123abc

easyas123abc Well-Known Member

Ok I'm completely confused.

I thought this box was only for c/s as for N3?

Is it also true that the stb can connect to a server which is free and give you all vm channels?

16. unadkat

yes its a work around for the n3 mate

which is why C/S is the only solution at this moment in time

And yes tt does connect to a free server.

Like I said flash the box and connect to the router.

17. easyas123abc

easyas123abc Well-Known Member

So I guess this is different to c/s as its already a set up server and your not connecting to a server which is paid or a mates.

This is also able to do cs with a mate and a paid server?

Also would it work with a sat dish(sky)?

18. unadkat

mate the method is c/s either way you look at it

there is no other alternative.

C/S does work with sly but not with the same box and you need to google it.

19. clio1

clio1 Well-Known Member

think you should take that advice seeing you are having the same problem on 4 forums with your A780 box :wacko:

20. stefan1961

stefan1961 Member

lol my god how sad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.