lacuna satellite meter repairs

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by ABA, Nov 7, 2017.

1. ABA

ABA Member

I have 2 lacuna satellite meters a mk 1 and a mk 11 both seem to have the same fault wont charge and appears dead looking around the net seems a common fault douse any one know of any one who repairs them as lacuna are no longer trading I would be extreamly greatfull for any help as carnt afford to keep paying out hundreds of pounds for new ones when they go down

2. martin-f

martin-f Well-Known Member Staff Member

3. ABA

ABA Member

many thanks will give them a call tomorrow martin f pardon me for asking are you mr p used to be at urosat Birmingham a very long time ago

martin-f likes this.
  4. martin-f

Hi ABA no worries i hope they can help, no i am from Sheffield.

5. ABA

ABA Member

phoned them they said that they don't touch them thanks anyway

martin-f likes this.
  6. martin-f

7. ABA

ABA Member

dropped it of at gadget repairs this morning he says he will have a look but carnt promise anything at least that's more than anybody else has offered fingers crossed

martin-f likes this.
  8. martin-f

Good luck ABA hope they cant sort it for you, please keep us informed it might help others in the future.

9. ABA

ABA Member

its now nearly 3 months and not heard any thing from them so went and got a couple more of ebay that seemed to work ok but batterys need changing so got 2 new batterys £ 75 changed the battery now nothing looks like im going to have to bye a brand new one unless anyone knows of a repairer anywhere

martin-f likes this.
  10. martin-f

11. ABA

ABA Member

UP DATE
    my last two meter with new batterys i finaly found some body to look at them they have just phoned me and told me that the new batterys are wired the wrong way round and have blown the charging resister they have changed the resister but not the right one and all is OK now that have got them working they have sent of for the right resisters when sorted properly they will phone me
    have just sent a email to the people who suplyed the batterys to see what they are going to do as its there fault
    the people who suplyed the batterys are COASTAL AERIAL SUPPLIES from Arundel
    the people who are repairing them CORRECT SERVICE LTD CARLTON NOTTINGHAM
    so if any body has a lacuna satellite meter and you are after a new battery PLEASE CHECK IT IS WIRED THE RIGHT WAY ROUND BEFOR TRYING TO FIT IT
    I know people call them crap but ive used them for over 15 years with no trouble only with these new batterys
    SO PLEASE CHECK BEFOR FITTING

hope this post can help others

martin-f likes this.
  12. ABA

ABA Member

LATEST UPDATE COASTAL AERIAL SUPPLIES from Arundel they have just messaged me as soon as I get meters back ive to let them know the price of the repair and they will send me two new battery collect the other two and pay for the repair to both satellite meters
    so I am not slagging them of at all as they are willing to correct there cock up im now a happy man will just have to wait and see when I get them back

martin-f likes this.
  13. ABA

ABA Member

LATEST UPDATE
    just had a phone call from the shop who have repaired my lacuna satellite meters they are done and awaiting collection as soon as ive paid them asked how much reply £ 50 + vat each £120.00 for the two of them have emailed coastal aerials supplies just awaitng therereply to see if they are people of there word heres hoping

martin-f likes this.
  14. ABA

ABA Member

final update just sent COASTAL AERIAL SUPPLIES from Arundel an email about what is happening with the refund for my two lacuna meter repairs caused by them sending me two batteries wired up back to front 5 minites later my daughter came round and said that they had just put the money
    £ 120.00 in to her bank account so a firm at last who stand by there there word thank you coastal aerial supplies so refreshing to find a genuine company

martin-f likes this.
  15. FlyerUK

FlyerUK Ye Olde Sat Surfer

Retired, AT LAST!!!
    You're right, a supplier who admits their error and makes recompense deserves prqaise, but maybe if they had checked the batteries better they could have save themselves some issues?

C'est la vie I guess

P.

martin-f likes this.