Moving from Sky TV to Freesat?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by Jensen, May 29, 2017.

1. Jensen

Jensen New Member

I stopped my subscription to Sky a while ago, but still have the dish up and the pair of satellite leads coming out of the wall.

However, my TV is Freesat ready, and I'd like to simply plug in the Sky dish to the back of it.

First problem is that there are 2 Sky cables and only 1 cable input for Freesat at the back of the TV.

Secondly, would simply plugging in the Sky dish into the Freesat input really be all I need to do??

2. gadgetfiend

gadgetfiend Single-Malt-Swigger

The TV only has one sat tuner so hence only needs one cable connected, you will have to search for sat channels refer to TV manual for instructions.

3. cactikid

cactikid Well-Known Member

you could use the second feed for a single tuner box with hdd to allow to record as there will be times when saying i wish i could have recorded that.l

glyntamlyn and jimbo like this.
  4. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

It's also possible that your TV can record to a USB device, many Freesat ready TV's can do that. Also worth noting that if the TV supports freesat, then it should sort the channels for you, my Samsung 4k OLED doesn't support Freesat - so it stores channels as it finds them, PITA