Paraclipse 3.8 on H to H mount restoration/installation

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by martin-f, Oct 16, 2017.

1. martin-f

martin-f Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hopefully start work on this project next week, ive come up with a design for the telescopic part and ordered 20 bearings, main importance is no movement unlike a ham radio tower,

The bearing will fit inside a cage made from four pieces of box section this will also be part of the hinge and leveling system, box section will run through the rollers and hold it 100% stable with dish on the top :).

2. martin-f

My stainless steel bearings turned up today with them being exposed to the weather sealed stainless and self lube was the way to go, i can start getting the other parts together now :).
    20180328_181133.jpg 20180328_181145.jpg

gap30 and crossbones like this.
  3. martin-f

Ive been busy with other projects but hopefully i can get the tilt and telescopic part made and bolted to the base next week, the garden looks bare since the DH went,

I have a few bits to start the fabrication i will have to pick a few parts up one being a 6x6 inch box section that will be part of the raising mechanism,

Basically something like this
    ddddd.PNG

Will be bolted onto the front of my existing movable base.
    Capture.PNG

crossbones likes this.
  4. martin-f

Started cleaning the dish today its come up like new i will be spraying it before installation, most of it is cleaned just a few bits left and the mesh,
    DSC_0351.JPG DSC_0353.JPG DSC_0357.JPG

Checking every part as i am cleaning it and come across one of the ring sections a little twisted ten minutes with the vice hammer and some heat and its back like new.
    DSC_0342.JPG

purplemarina and crossbones like this.