Peugeot 106 Air Bag Problem

Discussion in 'Other discussions' started by 01484, Feb 4, 2010.

1. 01484

01484 Well-Known Member

The problem is that when i came back from Tesco and i started my car the air bag light just started flashing for some odd reason because it has never happened before. Then the next day I started the car it was fine, no air bag light nothing completly fine, but now today it has happend again it keeps flashing.
    Does anyone know what the problem could be?

2. gms1

gms1 Well-Known Member

If the light is flashing/on after starting the car has been started a fault has been detected. You'll need to get the codes read. And bear in mind, the air bag/s are more than likely not working while the warning light is on.

3. 01484

01484 Well-Known Member

ok thanx for ur reply ill bear that in mind and get the codes read

4. dally

dally Well-Known Member

you will find that the wires under one of the front seats would have been tweaked causing the air bag light to come on, this was common on the peugeot 106 curtesy cars that my company used.

5. aquanaut

aquanaut Well-Known Member

Agree with above post especially if you have a 2 door car the seats make the connections underneath them go out now and again . so just check that they are still pushed together and are firm . one old trick to re-set the air bag system was to disconnect the batery , but remember to have all your radio codes to hand before you do that because you will have to redo them all .

hope this helps

6. chuckhumprey

chuckhumprey New Member

Hello,my independence 106 airbag light keeps lighting on and off. Imagine,for almost 4 days it keeps on doing that then it goes off again then comes back again. Has anyone experienced this? According to some post on auto repair questions this airbag system is integrated with onboard ECU which is linked with the steering control and the fix is deactivating the rotary connector under the steering column. What should I do?

7. 01484

01484 Well-Known Member

i did what dally stated as above and it worked for me the airbag light stopped flashing but if the car like goes over bumps and stuff then it moves the wire and starts flashing back again so i have left it i dont bother about it anymore now