Satellite Signal Strength But NO Quality Strength

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by sasha186, Aug 30, 2010.

1. sasha186

sasha186 New Member

Hi All

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong category (im new)

Today I went and bought a Tevion Free-To-Air-Satellite-Kit (With 45CM Dish & Satellite Finder)

I managed to get it installed and the box and cabeling is all connected but i have no channels avaliable to watch just comes up on my TV no signal. & I think its because I cant get any Quality strength.

My signal strenght is 75% - 80% but my quality strength is 0%

Im on the E28.2Astra2A Satellite at the moment (I dont know if this is the right one)

Ive been looking at other forum posts regarding Poor Signal/Quality Strenghts and was just wondering how I get good quality strength via my satellite dish? And also how I use my satellite finder to help me find the satellites i require As im a newbie to this and have no idea how to use the bloody thing. It has a compasss and a cable with it.

Any help or info would be great.

Many thanks in advance

2. Robbo

Robbo Satellite mad

Electronics engineer and satellite installer
    You need to carefully align the dish so that it is pointing at 28E, until you get good signal quality. At the moment your dish is either pointing at the wrong satellite or nothing at all. Worth flicking through all the transponders though, in case any of them have got a lock (good quality). If you do, scan that transponder and see what channels you get. You will then be able to find out what satellite the dish is currently on, which will make it easier to find the one you want.