Signal Sender

Discussion in 'Digital TV' started by pzblues, Jun 29, 2010.

1. pzblues

pzblues Well-Known Member

Hi
    I want my tv on the other side of the room from my tv arial socket and don't really want to trail a cable all the way around. I wonder if there were such thing as a sender where as i plug a reciever type thing into the arial socket in the wall, then another one into the socket in the tv and one sends the signal to the other?? Does anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks

2. parricull

parricull Well-Known Member

Currently Unemployed
    I dont believe there is a device to do this,i think the only ways are-

1-Re-route the cowax cable

2-Setup your freeview box at the coax,use a video sender to send the signal to the tv on the otherside of the room.

3. snook123

snook123 Member

Hi I had a video sender to go upstairs in the bedroom it worked great until the next door neighbour put her cup of hot chocolate in the microwave at 21:30 every night!!! The bloody screen would go fuzzy and no sound for 2 minutes VERY ANOYING!!! So just a warning microwave ovens distort the picture.

4. parricull

parricull Well-Known Member

Currently Unemployed
    Also im lead to believe this is the same with Wireless Routers.

5. fnr3master

fnr3master TRAIN HARD, FIGHT EASY

my dads got one of them t.v senders which transmits his virgin tv into another room and he is able to change the channel in another room using his set top box remote.

now he had one a few years ago it worked on the 2.4 GHz and after a year more and more neighbours started having wireless internet and it began to effect the signal a lot and got a lot of fuzzy lines and jumpy screen to the point it was just *****, so my brother brought him another one that works on 5.8 Ghz frequency and it works perfectly. this is the one he has below on the link but i would say get any type but just make sure it aint 2.4 GHz because thats wot most routers use at the moment.

NIKKAI HQ 5.8GHz AUDIO VIDEO SENDER FOR TV SKY DVD VCR on eBay (end time 04-Jul-10 21:34:40 BST)

6. waqasahmed

waqasahmed Cost efficient muppet

At least with the above, you will not get any Radio frequency interference(I dont know anything that uses radio at 5.8GHz apart from that Radio sender), meaning that you've blocked out interference from bluetooth, wireless routers, mobile phones etc...

Though you may still get EMI(electro magnetic interference ie: microwave ovens)
    As fn3master pointed out, dont get a 2.4GHz signal sender, and you should be fine. Also dont wrongly assume that 5.8GHz will be a lot faster :D