Sky Q communal Adapter??

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by GlasgowSteve, Nov 20, 2017.

1. GlasgowSteve

GlasgowSteve New Member

I have been trying to get sky Q installed for almost 6 months.

When I signed up I was given a date by Sky that my communal Ariel was going to be upgraded so I could get Q. When the communal approved engineer arrived he said that sky had cancelled all Ariel upgrades due to the costs and I could only get HD till the sky Q adapter was released. I was under the impression that the adapter worked by going between my cabling in my house to the new Q box to save upgrading all the Ariels. After my 3rd engineer visit he asked to get access to the loft which I thought the adapter was to save the engineer to get access to lofts. I got him access and he came back down and said I couldn't get Sky Q as the communal system was not compatible. Again I asked about this amazing adapter that Sky told me would allow me to get Q WITHOUT THE NEED TO UPGRADE THE ARIEL. He told me by system is not earthed blah blah blah. I don't care to be honest, I was told I could get Q and how I get it I don't care just as long as I get it!

I'm completely lost now as 6 months down the line I still don't have Q and when I speak to Sky Customer service I only get people who read off a screen which is no help to me. Can someone please tell me the truth about this adapter?

I am not allowed to put another dish up so sadly that is not an option.

Confused Steve from Glasgow

martin-f likes this.
  2. martin-f

martin-f Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hi Steve welcome to the forum, it will need a DSCR Digital Single Cable Router switch containing ethan ready technology switch, the switch needs installing at the head end location where all switches and other equipment are located, also a new LNB,

I'm unsure who would be responsible for authorising this work , maybe your landlord ?.

3. digicon

digicon Well-Known Member

You dont need a new LNB with a dSCR switch that is what they are designed for to work with existing Legacy LNB's to give standard Sky HD output and Sky Q.

When you speak to Sky you need to stress you are in an apartment block and that the existing system is incompatible, They should send out the so called Sky IRS team

martin-f likes this.
  4. martin-f

martin-f Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thanks for the correction, I presumed it would be standard practice to change the LNB (on older systems), but we talking Sky here so I guess not :D.

digicon likes this.