skybox v8s no signal even on fta any help welcome

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by psxchipper, Nov 18, 2016.

1. psxchipper

psxchipper Member

skybox v8s works fine at mine used it for a couple of weeks as I have another myself that works fine too, one family member had a new qbox fitted works fine but wanted this skybox v8s been using, connected up at his no signal that's even on fta channels so did the following search on antenna setup and noticed the signal intensity and signal quality was down to about 45% which is no good, went down to transponder changed by left and right on remote and went up to 91% but when you exit and come off it it goes back to the old transponder settings and back to 45% again cant be saved, so the next step was to sat list add a new name set at lmb frequency 5750 diseqC 1.0 port2 22K on polarity H/V motor type off and done a search , it showed a good signal strength and started to download all the channels but when went to a fta yet again no signal even on fta channels, its doing my head in now as cant work out why this is happening ! some might say is it the cable but you plug the new qbox from sly back in and all works again, why wont it hold a signal on 28.2 ? then when you scan with the new setup name scans fine and yep still no signal? does the new sly box qbox have a different lmb fitted to the normal ones? if there's a prob with the cable surely you wouldn't get a scan at all and you wouldn't get anything even on the qbox but its fine, I took the box back to mine plugged straight back in all works took it back to a family member and same yet again nothing not even fta ,any suggestions why, cant be the box works at mine, I even went to antenna setup again and moved his dish around on 28.2 fixed and the signal strength does not move at all in any direction pointed from his dish .

2. FlyerUK

FlyerUK Ye Olde Sat Surfer

Retired, AT LAST!!!
    I thought the new Sky Q box used as new LNB, incompatable with other receivers?
    (could be wrong, but that's my understanding)

P.

3. psxchipper

psxchipper Member

thanks for your reply so if I just put a box standard sky lmb and take the sky q lmb off should be fine then? would the dish need to be replaced too or just the lmb

4. digicon

digicon Well-Known Member

5. psxchipper

psxchipper Member

thanks for your reply to be honest he was never gonna use the q box anyway, its what they installed he only wanted all set up so he could use a v8s but could not understand why the v8s kept saying no signal on channels as did think it could of been this new lnb that was stopping it showing , so its just a case now of just getting a box standard lnb and replacing it and hopefully alls good , I appreciate the replies as wasn't too sure .

6. cactikid

cactikid Well-Known Member

does seem strange new install and is there not a 12 month contract involved,any good sat installer could put a dish up and any sat box could run on it.

7. psxchipper

psxchipper Member

they didn't want just the internet side they decided just to get sky installed so they can have this v8s box after , I don't think they even realised what box was being installed but I now realise the lnb has to be changed, I have looked and noticed that the new lnb they use is different to the normal one and reading between the lines even a sky hd box not a q box will not show channels its to do with the voltage and frequency side regarding horizontal and vertical

8. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

The LNB used for Sky Q is totally different to what was used previously by Sky HD, Freesat or unofficial boxes. Best option is to either use the LNB on the Ebay link or add a 2nd dish

cactikid likes this.
  9. joe516

joe516 Well-Known Member

eBay item number: