spider box gift gone!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by tiger56, Mar 25, 2011.

1. tiger56

tiger56 Well-Known Member

Seems like the spider box "Free Gift" is no more...another forum claimed server maintenance at first then a fire at the shop .... rumour has it they got busted??.... :shocked:

2. jack08

jack08 Stokey

Many was saying it would buckle at the knee"s in due time
    wen i had a spider box it used lag like hell on the gift and the box ccam is a sham

3. AceB

AceB Well-Known Member

I think I'm right in that this 'gift' that gets banded about is the illegal viewing of Sky TV for free using card sharing? I've just read a funny 29 page thread on 'another' forum that has decended into personal attacks and people moaning that the boxes they purchased to defraud Sky no longer work. What is curious is that whatever the reason for the outage all PMs have been turned off on the same board, an odd thing to do after a fire don't ya think?

4. radtv

radtv Well-Known Member

No the 'Gift' did not give access to any Sky TV channel you got that wrong. If you wanted to add your own Cline you can.

5. AceB

AceB Well-Known Member

OK, apologies for my ignorance, a quick google produced the answer as to what it gave. I'm never know why people are so quick to criticise when something that is obviously legally dubious and generally free comes to end, saw the same on the cable forums with N3.

6. TheCoder

TheCoder Underground Crew Member

As little as possible
    A logical enough conclusion to the stuff thats occuring I suppose.

7. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

I've seen suggestions that the server was hacked and some database deleted. I would have expected them to have a backup if that was the case but anyway - they say that it will return.

8. LordClint

LordClint New Member

Service + is back online and the number of channels it accesses is increasing by the day.

9. flashharry

flashharry Oldboy

none
    Hope gift comes back fully but read this.

Seizure of thousands of illegal satellite decoders

On Tuesday 22nd March 2011 Sudbury Safer Neighbourhoods Team in conjunction with Brent Trading standards, the premier league and Sky TV executed a search warrant under the trades description act at an address in Barham Close, Sudbury. The warrant was obtained by Brent Trading standards in relation to illegal satellite decoder cards. At the same time a business premises connected to this address was also searched in Willesden Lane, Kilburn by Mapesbury Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
    The searches resulted in two suspects being arrested for fraud related matters and thousands of illegal satellite decoders, counterfeit clothing and cash being seized. They have been bailed pending enquiries.
    Sergeant Pete Goodchild from Sudbury Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: "This was an excellent piece of partnership working between two Safer Neighbourhoods Teams wards, Brent council and other outside agencies. We will continue to reduce crime on Sudbury Ward and improve the standard of life for the residents of Brent."

Press Release issued by Metropolitan Police on 25 March 2011
    Contact: Jo Cavell, Press Office Brent, Telephone: 020 8733 3085, Fax 020 8733 3089

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  10. Robbo

Robbo Satellite mad

Electronics engineer and satellite installer
    Read it already, a link was already given to it in another thread.

Quite how dodgy satellite decoder boxes affect the safety of the neighbourhood is anyone's guess though.:evil:

11. flashharry

flashharry Oldboy

none
    Money talks

12. joebox

joebox Active Member

What is cline and how do i add it to spiderbox 9000..TY Guys..:sad:

13. Mickha

Mickha Well-Known Member

A Cline is a line for a server, it is used in card sharing, adding them to your Spiderbox is easy, you can either do it manually, by going into the menu, Network, Client Setup, or by saving a notepad document as .cfg and uploading as you would the Spiderbox softcam.

You are already using something similar, it's called "The Gift" or now called Ethernet.

14. joebox

joebox Active Member

Thanks Mickha for replying. Would this give me more ch.'s. and would i just have to turn off gift.. Where do i get cline info from ? Thanks Joebox.

15. radtv

radtv Well-Known Member

mate we cannot discuss C/S see rules, but it would require you to pay a 3rd party for the line. If you don't want to spend anymore money then stick with what you have.

16. joebox

joebox Active Member

Thanks Radtv, i don't mind paying more money ..

17. Mickha

Mickha Well-Known Member

Try using google and search for CCCam, but I advise you to stick with the gift, then after 12 months, when that expires, you can research card sharing.
    All these servers are illegal, and generally not very good.
    If you have your dish set up correctly, and all the channels scanned in, you should have more than enough viewing options, in fact too many channels to view.

18. joebox

joebox Active Member

Thanks for your advice Mickha..

19. joebox

joebox Active Member

Thank you Mikha for advice.