Strange problem with satelite reception on LG Smart TV

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by Trist, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Trist

Trist New Member

I just bought a LG smart TV with built in "free to air" satelite receiver.

Strangely enough I can't find any channels on Eitelsat Hotbird 13E. With my old external satelite box (that I had hoped to retire when buying the TV) I can however receive for instance RTP International from that satelite. When I plug the cable back into the old receiver I can still see RTP so I am sure nothing is wrong with the dish, switch etc...

I have a four head Dish with the Hotbird head on diseqc position C. The TV allow me to specify diseqc and it seems to work (I can for instance get hundreds of channels on Astra 5 on position D and a few channels on position B.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. sajeel

sajeel Member

Contact lg to see what satellites tv supports I thought it was only astra but not sure

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

3. Trist

Trist New Member

I talked to their support and they did not mention any limitations but who knows. Since TV manufacturers stoped producing comprehensive manuals it is not easy to troubleshoot things....

sajeel likes this.
  4. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

My LG smart TV has the Sat tuner but it's a pig to set up and sort channels. I just have a few 28e FTA HD channels tuned in on it and use a separate box.

martin-f likes this.
  5. martin-f

martin-f Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hi Trist welcome to the forum,

I have two LG 4K tvs but only ever use the tuners to check S2X transmissions im not that familiar with the settings,

What i have found is you need to blind scan, most transponders are not built in and network scan wont find them.

IMG_0344.JPG

sajeel likes this.