Streaming .avi Films From PC to Dreambox/TV

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by Jimdefruit, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Jimdefruit

Jimdefruit Super Something

Do you want to play downloaded films on your TV through your Dreambox?

1. Install VLC on your PC
    2. Install VLCf on your Dreambox
    3. Open file vlcf.xml which is located in Dreambox folder /var/tuxbox/config

Edit the 4 server lines and the 4 config lines to include your PC IP address and the PC Film Directory (There are 4 settings options you can select for different PCs or Directories. Change them to suit your requirements))

<server name="set1" ip="192.168.0.100" webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" user="admin" pass="admin" />
    <server name="set2" ip="192.168.0.100" webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" user="admin" pass="admin" />
    <server name="set3" ip="192.168.0.100" webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" user="admin" pass="admin" />
    <server name="set4" ip="192.168.0.100" webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" user="admin" pass="admin" />

<config name="set1" startdir="c:/Films" cddrive="d:" />
    <config name="set2" startdir="c:/" cddrive="d:”/>
    <config name="set3" startdir="c:/Films" cddrive="d:" />
    <config name="set4" startdir="c:/" cddrive="g:" />
    The four config lines are the options that you can select in settings in the vlcf Dreambox window using the BLUE button

4. Start VLC on your PC and select File>Open Network Stream
    Select UDP/RTP
    Tick box Stream/Save and select settings
    Tick box HTTP and enter your Dreambox IP 192.168.???.???
    Click OK and OK to close both windows
    On VLC, select Settings>Add Interface>Web Interface
    Leave VLC running on your PC

5. Press YELLOW button on Dreambox remote control and if you have done everything correctly you will have a window showing the directories/files on your PC
    Select the .avi film you want to watch and after a few moments the film will start.

Good Luck

2. Likvid

Likvid Well-Known Member

I am running this on my Relook 400S perfectly, but i have a problem.

I loaded a DVD iso file and it runs great but i can't proceed from the DVD menu as i need to click on the screen to Play the movie.

I found the pause button on the remote working, but the play or forward doesn't work?!?

Does it work on your Dreambox remotes?

3. lesta

lesta Member

hi i tried the above on my dm500s but it didnt show anything on my dreambox, im using 0.8.6c version of vlc on my pc and using vlcf on my dreambox. if anyone knows where im going wrong then please let me know

Thanks

4. Lacutas

Lacutas Well-Known Member

Can I ask why ???, whats wrong with pc direct to TV, why involve a third party ???, just curious

5. gbrowne

gbrowne New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm still using my trusty old Relook 400s and I'm interested in getting IPCHANNEL working. I'm using image 'relook400s.relook.3.2.1.pal.r3784'.

I have set up VLC according to FAQs, but I don't get anything on the screen.
    I know the box is online because I can FTP into it.

I see Likvid had this working on the Relook 400s back in 6/08 - anyone got any ideas of what I can try please ?

GB.

6. leeds6

leeds6 Well-Known Member

dunno much about relook but the best streaming software i've ever found is twonkymedia manager and if you just want to stream from the internet
    twonkybeam which is free

7. gbrowne

gbrowne New Member

Thanks Leeds, its not the PC end that is the problem though as VLC works fine pc-pc.
    my problem is I can't get the stream to display on the tv.

g

8. leeds6

leeds6 Well-Known Member

twonky is a dnla server not a player if your relook is a upnp machine and is networked to your pc then with any luck it will see twonky on your pc and stream what ever you put into it to your tv give twonkybeam a try maybe with a couple of you tube video's its free so if it dont work all you will be wasting is about 10 minutes

good luck

9. gbrowne

gbrowne New Member

Thanks Leeds.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell the Relook 400s doesn't have uPnP, so I can't see twonky working for me.

On 4/6/08 Likvid said "I am running this on my Relook 400S perfectly..." I just want to be able to do the same. Unfortunately I suspect Likvid has not been active here since Nov '08 and the 400s is getting a bit dated now so people are moving away from it to HD receivers. This is a shame because it's a great dual-tuner box that does all I need really well (except I can't get IPCHANNEL to work properly !)

Cheers,
    G