Unlock mifi for free internet?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by waqasahmed, Dec 30, 2009.

1. waqasahmed

waqasahmed Cost efficient muppet

We all know mobile broadband can be unlocked and used with an iphone sim for "upto" 12 months free internet, provided your not caught(thats why I said up to lol) But was wondering if there is such a thing for mifi as well? Would be nice to take that around with my mobile phone

EDIT: Ive now seen this http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/70734-how-to-unlock-huawei-e5830-mifi-router.html

Maybe I posted in the wrong section lol. Though I dont think the question has been asked before on how to obtain free net out of it lol

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. evilEye

evilEye Well-Known Member

waqasahmed you know them btopenzone's/BFTON wifi horspots? you get them in airports ect ect. i can reach 2 of them from my home. they are pay as you go wireless networks. you connect, there is no wep or wpa. but when you go to surf it will take you to btopenzone web where you have to buy credit. did you know there is away of bypassing the pay as you go? and get free internet

3. johny5

johny5 Well-Known Member

hows that evileye?, i have acouple by me moms i wouldn't mind getting on

4. bassethound

bassethound Well-Known Member

O2 iphone sim gives free access to btopenzone:cheers::cheers::cheers:

News article - News - BT Openzone

5. waqasahmed

waqasahmed Cost efficient muppet

It might be worth getting an iphone sim then for mifi lol. I would prefer mifi compared to mobile broadband as you only get 5GB max, which is nothing really

6. evilEye

evilEye Well-Known Member

im talking about bypassing the pay as you go feature using laptops or any wireless computer. IP over DNS --> dns tunneling. enjoy :0 sorry window usrs this is *nix based only. if there is any interest i will write a HOWTO let me know

7. MartY3

MartY3 New Member

Write a how to please. I need to bypass the login page when connecting to a btopenzone and btfon hotspots.

thanx

8. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

Anyone with a BT Homehub is a host for OPenzone, that's why you can find some from your homes.

With a Mifi, when it's unlocked, can't you use an Iphone of Giffgaff sim in it?

9. lalea878

lalea878 New Member

I am interested. I have 2 mifi's that came wth a ot of cell phones I bought on ebay. First I had to figure out what to do with the mifi's..lol. Now I am thinking there is possibly more I can do with these little gadgets. help is appreciated (o: