Vonets VAP11G USB Ethernet WiFI Bridge

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by radtv, Apr 12, 2011.

1. radtv

radtv Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Do you require wireless LAN on your ethernet enabled device?

Connect any product that has an RJ45 Ethernet Port and a USB port (for power only) to a wireless router.

The Vonets VAP11G USB WiFi Bridge is powered by USB however it also has a separate DC input if external power is required. Example for Dreambox DM500 Connect the DM500 PSU to the DC input socket on the WiFi Bridge and connect the power out from WiFi Bridge to DM500.

Suitable for AZBox HD, Dreambox, SpiderBox, Vu+ Duo, Vu+ Solo, Media Players, Game Consoles, IP Cameras, VoIP Phones and any other device with an RJ45 Ethernet port.

Simply connect the included USB Lead from the WiFi Bridge to a spare USB socket on the receiver / game console for power and connect the included RJ45 Ethernet lead from the WiFi Bridge to the RJ45 Ethernet socket on the receiver / game console for wireless connection.

The Vonets VAP11G USB WiFi bridge can convert any device with an RJ45 Ethernet Port into wireless including the following:-

* Gaming consoles (including PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 etc),
    * IP Security Cameras & IP DVR's
    * VoIP ATAs & VoIP Phones
    * All IPTV Setup Boxes (including Dreambox's etc)
    * NAS Drives
    * Media Players and Streamers (such as popcorn, snazzi)
    * Network Printers & Scanners
    * Anything with an ethernet port...

* USB Interface USB Port for power in or /1x DC-2.0 female power port for power in; interchangeable
    * Ethernet Interface 10/100 Ethernet RJ45 Connector
    * Power Out DC-2.0 male power port for power out;
    * Input Voltage DC5V-15V
    * Consumed Power < 1.5W
    * Transmission Distance ~23-35m
    * Encryption Support WEP (64 bit), WEP (128 bit), WPA, WPA2
    * Wireless Compatability IEEE 802.11B/G
    * Transmission Frequency 2.4Ghz
    * Wifi Model AP Client
    * VOIP Adapter Support ALL VoIP ATAs and VoIP Phones

Installation / Setup VAP11G Instructions
    Install the software CD to your PC
    Connect WiFi Bridge to RJ45 Ethernet Port on PC
    Connect WiFi Bridge to a spare USB Socket on PC for Power.
    Run the Software and follow the instructions for configuring the WiFi Bridge for connection to your Wireless Router.

Once you have installed everything correctly you'll get a flickering Blue and Orange Light on the VAP11G.

You can now disconnect it from your PC and connect it to your Receiver / Games Console / Media Player / etc.

The Kit supplied comprises of:

1 x VAP11G Wifi Bridge
    1 x USB Power Lead
    1 x RJ45 Ethernet Lead.
    1 x Software CD

Only for £26 http://www.southernsat.co.uk/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1309
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. radtv

radtv Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Special Easter Weekend special. £20 delivered UK to buy PM me
  3. 200thhorseman

200thhorseman New Member

Jun 4, 2011
    I am hoping that you can help me. I have recently bought one of these Vonets VAP11G wireless bridges and am having some trouble getting it working with my IP camera. The camera works fine if connect it via an ethernet cable to my router. Also the bridge works fine if I connect it to a PC (i.e. it connects to my wireless router and I can access the internet). However when I connect the bridge to the IP camera I cannot access the camera.

Any help will be gratefully received.

4. radtv

radtv Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2006
  5. sean h

sean h Guest

iv'e puchased avonets vap11g usb wifi ethernet device im having difficulty setting it up. iv'e got as far has when i click on the blue icon on the desktop i then get error message( nic not found) im stuck at this point can you help please, im sorry but i didnt buy it from you as you where out of stock
    sean h
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
  6. Mickha

Mickha Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2006