What pc

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by abracadabra, Sep 19, 2016.

1. abracadabra

abracadabra Well-Known Member

Now before anyone jumps and goes on about this is not a pc section this is for satellite only, the question is about both in a way because most of these sections rely on a pc to function,i had a nice sony vaio all in one pc for many years, after alot of fixes i think its came to end of its life, Has anyone any suggestions on what pc would be best for doing all the things that need be done to all boxes in this section??and some other sections in this forum ie opening files, loading files, all the other little tricks, i might be heading towards cutting the cord at some point, in other words no sky no v**gin, just internet streaming, am worried if i go the Mac route i wont be able to do things i cant on a windows, then if i go windows route i wont be able do what a Mac can do with streaming, maybe they can do same but if anyone has had problems with vice versa could they let me know, thank you for any suggestions

2. FlyerUK

FlyerUK Ye Olde Sat Surfer

Retired, AT LAST!!!
    You could always dual boot windows on a Mac..forget what the software is called, or run a VM on a Mac using Windows maybe, best of both worlds?

P.[/QUOTE]

3. abracadabra

Interesting Think its a mac will, thats what i was wanting, if i am wrong what i read its better for plex server also, thank you flyer, nearly wrote f**ker there

4. FlyerUK

FlyerUK Ye Olde Sat Surfer

Retired, AT LAST!!!
    Another thing to think of, is what hardware on the pc/mac will you need, serial port maybe?,

P.

5. abracadabra

I keep an old tower pc handy, not the best but does the basic stuff like needing a serial port.