zgemma star 2s

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by alanmez, Jun 15, 2017.

1. alanmez

alanmez Active Member

A mate of mine has a zgemma star 2s which has stopped working with Sly. Will he need to put a new flash on it before it will work with a VM line ?

2. crossbones

crossbones Well-Known Member

Channels now being encrypted using icam. Think you can say goodbye to CS for now.

3. alanmez

alanmez Active Member

Cable still working though.

4. jimbo

jimbo Moderator Staff Member

I think that's a satellite box could be wrong if it is it's no good for cable.

5. alanmez

alanmez Active Member

Ok thanks, but what about the zgemma h2 boxes ? would they need a new type of flash to now work with cable after being used for Sly ?

6. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

The 2S has 2x Sat tuners. You may be able to use a USB cable tuner but for the price, you can almost buy a new box with Cable tuners built-in. You can use a 2S with IPTV, there are quite a few servers available, just ask them for a dreambox userbouquet rather than a M3U file.

alanmez likes this.
  7. alanmez

alanmez Active Member

Thanks lincsat for the info, but what about the zgemma h2 boxes ?, after being used for Sly, will they need a different type of flash or should they work straight away with a cable line ?

8. lincsat

The 1H and 2H are combo boxes. The H.2S is a Sat only box, the H.2H is a combo. The H3.2TC and H5.2TC have 2x Cable and 1x Sat tuner.

9. alanmez

alanmez Active Member

But will the combo boxes that have been used for Sly need any other firmware / software / flashing to work with a VM cable line ?

10. lincsat

The firmware is for a combo box, why would you need to change it. You may have to change the configuration if the box was setup for Satellite only. All the combo boxes I supply can easily be changed from Sat only to Cable only to combo and back quite easily with the ViX image, I would expect other images to be just as easy.

11. alanmez

alanmez Active Member

I had no idea, thanks for your reply.

12. kmct1963

kmct1963 New Member

hi all .sorry to jump on this post ....need a bit of help regarding a zgemma h2h box with vm line i have bought ...it basically runs fine with a great picture until i put wifi on my laptop ..picture then freezes now and again ..been told to buy a konig tv ampliflier ..which i have ....can anyone help me with were i plug the tv ampliflier in ..i currently have a vm b/b going to a splitter with one line going to my modum and the other to my zgemma box ..where do i fit the tv ampliflier ..in simple terms please as not at all clever were technology is concerned ....sorry again as i dont no how to post a new post regarding this matter ..

13. lincsat

Just switching on wi-fi on a lappy will not change the VM Cable signal strength or quality, it sounds more like a networking issue. If the H.2H uses wireless, then try it with Ethernet. If using Ethernet, then check your Router setup.

When you use an amp, if it's a single output, then use it before the splitter, if a multiple output, then use it instead of a splitter. I would suggest checking your signal levels on the VM Modem (on it's config web page) without any amp or splitter 1st, then after connecting the Amp, turn down the gain to keep the Modem signal as close to original as possible. Better still would be to use an attenuator on the input of the modem. If your modem signal goes too high, then VM will turn down your cable signal which defeats the object of having an amp in the 1st place.