Conexant’s Complete Satellite Set-top Box Solution powers Humax HDTV Receivers.
Humax is using five Conexant chips in the PR-HD1000 HDTV receiver. They include:
• The CX24116 DVB-S2 demodulator/decoder: DVB- S2 leverages key developments in channel coding and modulation to provide up to a 35 percent capacity increase over the previous DVB-S standard.
• The CX2418X MPEG-4/H.264 decoder: H.264 compression provides greater recording capacity on STBs with personal video recording capabilities, and increases the number of HDTV channels a broadcaster can transmit.
• The CX2417X MPEG-2 HDTV decoder: This device performs navigation through a digital broadcast service and securely decodes authorized program content for presentation on an HDTV display.
• The CX24118 direct down-conversion satellite tuner: This solution supports 8PSK advanced modulation and coding specifications, providing satellite operators with up to 35 percent higher data throughput rates using existing bandwidth.
• The CX20552 universal serial bus (USB) 2.0 physical layer (PHY) transceiver: This chip interfaces with the CX2417X, allowing the HDTV receiver to work with a variety of external USB 2.0 devices and expand its capabilities.
The PR-HD1000 HDTV receiver is primarily aimed at customers of the German broadcaster Premiere.