Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (Nasdaq: CHKP), the worldwide leader in securing the Internet, today announced a new IP appliance line based on former Nokia hardware with breakthrough performance of up to 29 Gbps, now offered as a single solution integrated with Check Point R70™ security gateway software.
Through the Software Blade architecture, the new IP appliances are available standard with Check Point’s latest intrusion prevention (IPS) software blade.
The Check Point IP appliance line now provides enterprises a fully integrated security solution backed by a new support plan, helping lower total cost of ownership.
Following a twelve-year strategic partnership, Check Point acquired the Nokia security appliance business in April of this year.
The new Check Point IP appliance line leverages carrier-grade Nokia hardware renowned for its scalability and modularity and integrates it with Check Point’s leading security software.
Check Point IP appliances provide flexible, extensible security through Check Point’s Software Blade architecture that allows customers to select the exact security protection needed for a given environment.
Delivering up to 29 Gbps of firewall throughput, an increase of more than 20 percent from previous models and up to 8 Gbps of virtual private network (VPN) throughput, the IP appliance line also includes multiple acceleration and interface options.
“Just a few weeks after our close of the Nokia security appliance business acquisition, we are pleased to bring to market a new line of integrated IP appliances with added value and security,” said Dr. Dorit Dor, vice president of products at Check Point.
“The new IP appliance line comes with enhanced support service level agreements and provides our customers stronger integrated security at better value.”
Check Point’s new IPS software blade is provided in the standard software configuration with a year of updates subscription included.
The IPS software blade adds a strong security layer at the gateway, providing thousands of behavioural and signature-based protections with best-in-class IPS performance throughput of up to 9 Gbps.
Features and benefits of the Check Point IP appliance line include:
- Industry-leading appliances integrated with Check Point R70 software licenses and with support, all for one price
- Standard software blades include firewall, VPN, IPS, Advanced Networking and Acceleration and Clustering blades, with the extensibility to add additional software blades if needed
- New record performance level of up to 29 Gbps throughput of the new IP 2455 including the ADP accelerators, an increase of over 20 percent from the previous Nokia IP 2450 model
- Dual image with both Check Point R70 and NGX R65® is included on the IP appliances
- Industry-standard VRRP (virtual redundancy routing protocols) technology delivers fail-over capabilities
- Hardware add-ons, Accelerated Data Path (ADP) service modules, boost acceleration of an appliance up to five times
- Connectivity options of 1 GbE to 10 GbE, copper, fiber (long range, short range) increase hardware flexibility and reduces costs
- Collection of hot swappable interfaces, interchangeable components and redundant power supplies enable customer to service without bringing down the appliance
- Single support programs include unified service level agreements (SLA) at lower rates
“Together with the Check Point’s UTM-1 and Power-1 appliance lines, the newly integrated IP appliances provide customers a wide range of security solutions based on the flexible Software Blade architecture to protect any environment,” concluded Dor.
Check Point IP appliances are available immediately and can be purchased through Check Point’s worldwide network of value-added resellers.