|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  Reviews   |

January 12, 2010

Orange denies Apple tablet confirmation

Bookmark and Share

by Darren Allan

The latest gossip in the Apple tablet rumour-mill concerns an apparent announcement and then denial of the device’s launch by Orange.

Stephane Richard, Deputy Chief Executive of Orange, was involved in an interview on French TV yesterday, and said “yes” twice when a report of the rumoured Apple tablet launch being imminent was mentioned.

He was then asked if Orange customers would benefit from the device, and replied “Of course”.

This was taken, by the net at large, to be cast-iron confirmation of the tablet, and the rumoured launch event Apple is planning for it at the end of the month.

However, Orange’s PR spinners have quickly emerged and laid down the law.

“These responses in no way reflect Orange’s confirmation of the existence of the rumoured device,” Orange said in a statement.

“The spokesperson was merely confirming that he is aware of the speculation surrounding a launch and that Orange would be delighted to have such a product, were it ever to be available.”

Story link: Orange denies Apple tablet confirmation


Discuss this in the Techwatch Forums

Related news to "Orange denies Apple tablet confirmation"




No Comments »

No comments yet.

Leave a comment


Previous: «
Next: »

Visited 369 times, 1 so far today