Blizzard CEO gives mention to a new MMO


February 11, 2011

The creators of World Of Warcraft Blizzard’s CEO, Mike Morhaime has given word of a new MMO game in production.

A title has yet to be announced for the game by Blizzard, although it has been codenamed ‘Titan’. The MMO was known to be in production since 2007 and was labelled ‘Top Secret’ by Blizzards panel board.

However, although little is known about the game itself, Mike Morhaime gave everybody the heads up that the game is still in production and is well on its way at a public event in Las Vegas this week.

As is the way with Blizzard, Morhaime was rather coy about what was said, although he has told us that the game is something which MMO specialists at Blizzard have been working hard on.

He stated that, “Some of the the most experienced MMO developers” were on the case and this includes those “Who spent years working on the World Of Warcraft team.”

This game is in no way related to World of Warcraft. Morhaime went on to say, “We’re not trying to make a WOW sequel” he also said that the game would be something “completely new and fresh.”

For the past couple of years this is all that has really been mentioned about Titan. In 2008, Blizzard COO, Paul Sams said it was aiming to create “Something that’s cool, and new, and different, and kind of next generation in terms of look and feel and gameplay.”






 

Comments in chronological order (1 comment)

  1. Brian Turner says:

    Am still waiting for Bethseda to launch their Elder Scrolls MMO. :)

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visited 3304 times, 1 so far today