Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Apple

Apple Apple computers: Apple hardware, software, iMac, Apple accessories, and the Mac OS X.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-11, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Ipod nano 3rd gen 4gb charging problem

I bought a faulty ipod off ebay... it stated in the listing that the apple logo flashes when connected to the computer and it doesnt go past that.
I managed to fix it as it had a software problem, but i have now encountered another problem. The problem is that whenver i put my charger in it, it says it is charging, i have left the charger on for at least 4 hours but it doesnt charge. Whenever i take the charger out i turns off and does not turn on without plugging it in the charger.
I hav a feeling it could be the battery, but i dont want to open it unless i am certain it is the battery.
I have checked with another charger and wire and also tried charging it on the PC but still no luck.

Can someone tell me is this a battery problem or is it something else.
Thanks for your help and time
01484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Duct-Tape Dude

Default Re: Ipod nano 3rd gen 4gb charging problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01484 View Post
I bought a faulty ipod off ebay... it stated in the listing that the apple logo flashes when connected to the computer and it doesnt go past that.
I managed to fix it as it had a software problem, but i have now encountered another problem. The problem is that whenver i put my charger in it, it says it is charging, i have left the charger on for at least 4 hours but it doesnt charge. Whenever i take the charger out i turns off and does not turn on without plugging it in the charger.
I hav a feeling it could be the battery, but i dont want to open it unless i am certain it is the battery.
I have checked with another charger and wire and also tried charging it on the PC but still no luck.

Can someone tell me is this a battery problem or is it something else.
Thanks for your help and time
Sounds like the battery, my GF got a nano from a friend and its now doing the same thing.
TimeKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have replaced the battery and now the ipod is showing a white screen and it beeps twice. i have read alot of forums on this and i think apparently there is no solution to this, so if you ipod doesnt charge never open it. Use it a storage drive because if you open it then it all goes horribly wrong.

Last edited by 01484; 17-02-11 at 12:55 PM. Reason: -
01484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-11, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Take it the nearest apple shop.... the not so genius bar there....
viz1 is offline   Reply With Quote