Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Satellite TV > Satellite Receivers > VU+ Duo

VU+ Duo VU+ Duo linux satellite receivers - technical help, discussions, buying, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-13, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Something

Default Re: help with setup

Hi iany999, I have just seen your post. Yes I am quick LOL

Whilst the VU+ box runs software in the same way as a Dreambox, there are some differences. I find the VU+ to be easier and more user friendly.

I assume you have a VU+ solo and not a solo2

First I would recommend the VTI image. It is simple but includes just about everything you might need. I have tried them all and test new images as they come out. I always end up going back to the VTI image.

Format a usb flash drive to Fat32.

1. On the USB stick create a folder and name it vuplus inside that folder create another folder and name it solo.

2. Download the USB version of a image and unrar. Now send the boot, kernel and root file to the solo folder.

3. Insert your USB stick in the front USB port. Then on th rear of your solo press the reset button.

When the VU Solo start the standby light will be RED. You should see the led light on your USB flashing. This shows the SOLO is reading the USB stick.

After a while you'll see the LED on your USB stop flashing. When this happens it means your SOLO is been programmed from it's internal memory after reading the USB drive.

When your Standby light turns green the flashing process is over and you can remove the USB stick.

Press the reset button on the rear again and the Solo will boot into the enigma2 setup process.

Once you start setting up the image, just follow the on screen instructions. You will need to tell the tuner to select the satellites and that will depend on how you control your dish. Usals motor or actuator?

If you like what you see here, tell your friends.
Jimdefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
fingaz

hi guys does the same thing apply to vu+duo have got one here too am a bit puzzled have got tv etc but am lookin for some kind of image can you point me in right direction of how to do it n which is best or am i just bein dumb?? thansk in advance
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 11:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Something

The duo actions are similar but the image installation details are given on the front LCD panel so it is more straightforward.

I find the best and most reliable image for me is the VTI image and a new version 6.0 has just been released and seems to be working very well. The VTI image team run a very good software server which allows you to download and install just about everything you will want.

Old 06-07-13, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
fingaz

Thanks for response jim and morning I have managed to install black hole now I'm stuck sorry mate I must apologise for my ignorance am a complete noob to the sattelite side , as I had kv before so simple just gettin my head round it all thanks again jim
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 04:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Something

Hi fingaz, how or where are you stuck? Are your sat dish(s) fixed or motorised? If motorised is it usals compliant or is it an actuator?

Assuming you have the image working ok, have you downloaded and installed the settings ie. vhannibal, likra or similar. You probably have to turn on your tuners A and B and the settings for those depend upon your dish figuration.

I have sent you a pm.