Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Internet

Internet Using the internet - technology, software, and webmaster discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-13, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help logging on to intel proset

Hi guys, pulling my hair out at the moment. I dont really know what im doing so i will try and explain best i can what the problem is.
I recently purchased a gateway laptop (very old) for my daughter and i changed it from vista to xp as it originally came with xp and i also prefer that. anyway i update all the drivers and everything seems fine. the only problem is i cant connect it wirelessly to the internet.Usually i wold just search for networks through network connections, choose the network and enter the password and i would be logged in but not with this. My network adapter is an intel PRO/wireless 2200BG and ive no idea how to get connected through this. ive tried reading instructions but with no joy.

sorry if this isnt a good description but im just a bit lost at the moment and any help would be appreciated

thanks
deasy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: Help logging on to intel proset

Are you certain you have the correct drivers, for your device? Try the gateway home site, gateway.com.
Can you please provide the model number, and any other relevant details, of your laptop.
Usually all you need to do is find the wireless network, probably your wireless router, and enter the key, which should be located on the router, look for a sticker and wireless key.
Mickha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

HI mate thanks for the reply. Model is gateway 4530. ive been on website and downloaded driver. i even went to device manager and tried to update driver that way but it said the driver i had was ok. Ive obviously done something i shouldnt have.
Old 02-04-13, 09:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Visit their website and download, and install, all the required drivers, for your machine, including wireless lan drivers.
Make sure you select the correct version of XP. Are you using the home 32 bit operating system?
Code:
http://support.gateway.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=3004
I also notice it seems to have the option for a wired internet connection, have you tried this?
Mickha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

im using xp pro. i suppose i can try downloading these drivers again.

cheers mate