Technology Forums: FTA, Satellite, Cable, Home Media, Hardware & Computers
|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  

Go Back   Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, & Tech forums > Satellite Help > Satellite Help & Support

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Satellite Help & Support Anything satellite related

Old 22-09-07, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
kerrywez
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to kerrywez
Default Prem? on Dreambox 500s

Hi all,
Just new to here and hope I am not breaking nay rules with this post. I would like to know if Prem? 19.2 E is open on Dreambox 500s and if so on what EMU, please?

I must say that I have been to many other Sat Forums and find this one to be the most helpfull and understanding. Other forums seem to be there for those who do not need help and the members seem to be less than helpfull.

Verybest regards Wez
Dreambox 7025, 250HDD, Dreambox 500s, 110 X 90Cm Hirschmann on Clarketech rotor, 1.2 Mtr. Channel Master on ground mount and 18 Ins. Super Jack and Super Jack V-Box. Sly with minimum subscription, just canceled it today 25th Feb, free at last.
kerrywez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-07, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
BGonaSTICK
Super Murderator

Default Re: Prem? on Dreambox 500s

Hi Wez. It's open on several emus including MGcamd 1.24 or higher.
Old 22-09-07, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
kerrywez
Super Moderator

Many thanks for your quick reply and it is what I would have expected on this forum, as I said it is the best by far. I am using Pli Helenite Final and only have the CCam 2.0.0, which was installed with the image and the mgcamd 1.22, which I found for the image. I am not that sure how I would put the updated Emus into the image, so any help with this would be very welcome and appreciated.

Many thanks again and good luck and best wishes Wez
Dreambox 7025, 250HDD, Dreambox 500s, 110 X 90Cm Hirschmann on Clarketech rotor, 1.2 Mtr. Channel Master on ground mount and 18 Ins. Super Jack and Super Jack V-Box. Sly with minimum subscription, just canceled it today 25th Feb, free at last.
Old 22-09-07, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
BGonaSTICK
Super Murderator

PLi/Hydra have always gone their own way on file locations and setup, so I can't advise as I don't have PLi installed anywhere.

Is there not a download option for CAMs? I think you might have to enter a URL for this, and I don't know of a PLi format download server (which IIRC is why I don't run it).

I may be getting confused with another image, so have a good rummage around in the menu system to see what you can find.

Other than that, the Gemini MaxVar image is very good, and does have direct download, though keys have to be setup manually. This is an easy job though using the satankey updater.
Old 22-09-07, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
kerrywez
Super Moderator

Hi BGonaSTICK,
Many thanks again for your reply. I am now downloading the latest Gemini MaxiVar image Ver 360 and it is going to take me over 30 mins, I tell you this to let you see how slow my dial up connection is, max speed is 3.3 kbps, because this speed might be no good for me to use when I need to connect for the Emu updates. Ireland is still in the stoneage I am sorry to say, Fred and Barney would have had better fone lines, and roads come to that.

I did have other images on my box, but found it difficult to install emus on them, but that was when I got the box, last Christmas and I would like to think that I am a wee bit more experienced now.

Best regards Wez
Old 23-09-07, 09:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
BGonaSTICK
Super Murderator

Let us know how you get on. Emus and keypacks are fairly small, so a few minutes should see them downloaded.
Old 23-09-07, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jimdefruit
Dreamy Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Jimdefruit

If you have trouble with the Gemini images and emus, the Nabilo maxvar is easier to use until you get used to the files concept.

Unfortunately with the 500 it is one image at a time so it's not so easy to learn the way different images work.
Old 23-09-07, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
BGonaSTICK
Super Murderator

Ah, yes. Nabilo is the other one I was trying to recall. Either of those are OK, but no key downloads on Gemini.
Old 24-09-07, 01:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
kerrywez
Super Moderator

Thank you all very, very much. I have not get anywhere at all. I did try the MaxiVar but could not get anything to d/l with it either. It might well be that I have not set my network up properly and the fact that I'm using a direct crossover cable may have something to do withthe fact that I can't download a thing. I did try to download the update I get SERVER IS DOWN OR YOU HAVE NO INTERNET CONNEDTION. PLEASE TRY AGAIN. I am at a loss as to what to do. I have lots of Emus downloaded to my laptop, but can't put them into the box.

Sorry for being so long-winded, but I have been at it all day and am now knackered.

Very best regards Wez
Old 24-09-07, 02:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
BGonaSTICK
Super Murderator

Do you still have Helenite loaded or have you swapped images now?

Can you please describe in voluminous detail what your network setup consists of (computers, cables etc. and how they are all connected together.)

Please include IP addresses, network configuration details and operating systems as far as you can. I suspect your Dreambox just isn't connected properly. We should be able to help you sort that out.