Technology Forums: FTA, Satellite, Cable, Home Media, Hardware & Computers
|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  

Go Back   Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, & Tech forums > Satellite Help > Satellite Receivers > Dreambox

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dreambox For satellite Dreambox versions, including 7000, 7020, 7025, 8000, 5620, 500, 600. For cable Dreambox please post here.

Old 02-04-08, 12:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
robbo71
Super Moderator

Default Re: Why get a Dreambox?

Well, I started this thread 5 months ago, and still chugging along quite nicely with my TM. My next stop is a HD unit, when I have saved up enough dosh for a new TV.
The choice is between a TM6800/6900 and one of the new HD Dreamboxes, and I still haven't decided. I'm not really sure I want to spend much time messing about with with a Dreambox to be honest. I spend all day at work writing code and messing with electronics and stuff sometimes to the point of making my brainache, and I'm not sure I want to do it when I get home.
Old 06-04-08, 11:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Curious123

If you write code and mess with electronics for a living than you would be rushing home to tell US how to fix our dreamboxes if you had a DM m8. lol
Curious123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
rage99
Technology Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo71 View Post
Cardsharing I presume?
rage99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-08, 01:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
robbo71
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious123 View Post
If you write code and mess with electronics for a living than you would be rushing home to tell US how to fix our dreamboxes if you had a DM m8. lol

Been trying to learn VxWorks for the past couple of weeks, apparently some set-top boxes use it. It is hard-going though.
Old 13-04-08, 08:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
kegnkiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo71 View Post
Well, I started this thread 5 months ago, and still chugging along quite nicely with my TM. My next stop is a HD unit, when I have saved up enough dosh for a new TV.
The choice is between a TM6800/6900 and one of the new HD Dreamboxes, and I still haven't decided. I'm not really sure I want to spend much time messing about with with a Dreambox to be honest. I spend all day at work writing code and messing with electronics and stuff sometimes to the point of making my brainache, and I'm not sure I want to do it when I get home.

No need mate once you have set up your box which takes less than 10 minites when you no how. The dreambox will let you watch all the tv you ever want. It only needs messing with if you wish. You only need to enter one line of text into one file to get it to do the other things
Old 13-04-08, 11:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
omer_jee
Technology Forums

reson i got my Dreambox dm600c was by reading this kind of posts, but frankly, although it may be easy to oprate, the back up or help is useless. specialy here.
omer_jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-08, 05:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
nanochickin
Dreambox 7020 & 600 Guru

If you think the help or back up here is useless you can always find another forum

I pride myself on the help i have given other people in the past with their Dreamboxes, or are you one of those people who expect to be spoonfed everything

You can always try starting a new thread instead of going on the back of old ones. I see you use yours for cable and i also see you have been complaining that after a few months it went down. What do you expect when your not even paying for the services you are receiving

People here don't have to help anybody especially muppets like you that throw you rattle out of the pram when you don't get what your after immediately. They help out because they want to not because they have to.

I suggest you find another forum as i doubt anybody here will want to help you anyway after posting this

Quote:
the back up or help is useless. specialy here.

Actually i've decided that you won't be getting any help from now on

See Ya

Nano

Last edited by nanochickin : 14-04-08 at 05:47 PM.
nanochickin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nanochickin For This Useful Post:
supermario (13-05-08)