Technology Forums: FTA, Satellite, Cable, Home Media, Hardware & Computers
|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  

Go Back   Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, & Tech forums > UK Cable > Cable boxes > DBox

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DBox Dbox and Dbox 2 technical help and support - Sagem Dbox, Nokia Dbox, D-Box, Dreambox-C + Linux boxes etc.

Old 09-02-08, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post files needed by commando images

Hello I am all new to this dbox thing, but have learnt a lot in a small space of time (3 days)

I got a dbox2 and on it was the sportster image and wasn't having any luck with it picking up any channels, flashed a blade trinity image and do get channels with that image, but decided that I would go for the commando image, however it only seems to do FTA channels, which is fine, but if I did want the other channels aswell is it just the /var/keys contents I need to ftp upto my dbox2 ? or do I need /var/bin aswell ? or is there more folders that I need to copy over ?

I'm using Commando v9.25 at the moment if that helps at all.
Rince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: files needed by commando images

what channels are missing and what channels are you trying to get???
stephen1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince View Post
Hello I am all new to this dbox thing, but have learnt a lot in a small space of time (3 days)

I got a dbox2 and on it was the sportster image and wasn't having any luck with it picking up any channels, flashed a blade trinity image and do get channels with that image, but decided that I would go for the commando image, however it only seems to do FTA channels, which is fine, but if I did want the other channels aswell is it just the /var/keys contents I need to ftp upto my dbox2 ? or do I need /var/bin aswell ? or is there more folders that I need to copy over ?

I'm using Commando v9.25 at the moment if that helps at all.
Hi you need to add keys in var/keys and scce in var/scce you don,t need to do anything with bvar/bin your cams are installed you will probably need to activate the cam another thing with commando images is when you ftp is the password is commando
NadSad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NadSad For This Useful Post:
Rince (09-02-08)
Old 09-02-08, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadSad View Post
Hi you need to add keys in var/keys and scce in var/scce you don,t need to do anything with bvar/bin your cams are installed you will probably need to activate the cam another thing with commando images is when you ftp is the password is commando
am I right in thinking that all the files are ascii apart from the .bin ones ?

I did try that but maybe I ftp'ed some files as ascii instead of binary perhaps as the channels were still locked after the scan.

When you say activate the cam thing I did find that in the settings part of the menus but wasn't sure what to put it on or what to do with it.

I have it on Evocamd at the moment, but I think my /var/bin directory is empty with the commando v9.25 image.
Old 10-02-08, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

I looked again at the blade trinity image, and it was set up to use the GBOX cam, dont really understand what a cam is however, but the Commando 9.25 image doesn't seem to like to use that very much, just goes back to none when try to start it, and it does what looks like a reboot when choose gbox and camd32 together, the lcd doesn't do the whole loading kernal thing tho so not sure if its a reboot or not.
Old 10-02-08, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1978 View Post
what channels are missing and what channels are you trying to get???
I'm missing channel 5 I've only just realised that tho, anyone else missing that channel ?

I used to have my set up as existing cable with the splitter attached, and then one to my modem and one straight to my tv, have been using it like that for about a month, and wasn't getting channel 5 then either.
Old 10-02-08, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

why not try flashing another image

im usin andromeda 2.0 and havent had any problem at all plus i get all the channels
stephen1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

try flashing it wiv andromeda 2.0 and use gbox as ur softcam and then do a scan from an area close to you, that should cure all ur channel probs
dm786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hi like the above post say flash andromeda 2.00 and set your location how to set location press blue button on remote choose your area say for example derby choose derby the box will ask you to reboot after reboot go to services and choose channel scan couple of things here you have to watch out choose scan all services and bouquets leave on current bouquets otherwise you will have to create your own bouquets now leave all other settings alone and start scan this image has all keys and cams installed once you have scanned just go to a channel it should clear
NadSad is offline   Reply With Quote