Technology Forums: FTA, Satellite, Cable, Home Media, Hardware & Computers
|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  

Go Back   Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, & Tech forums > Satellite Help > Satellite Receivers > Dreambox

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dreambox For satellite Dreambox versions, including 7000, 7020, 7025, 8000, 5620, 500, 600. For cable Dreambox please post here.

Old 29-02-08, 12:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Physcogem
clueless but getin there

Default Re: Gemini Team announcement

ok thanks well explained but int everyone complainin abt gemini on this post as a fake or is it the actual boxes that are fake in which gemini is put in by the fakers.

oh by the way congrats
Physcogem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Physcogem For This Useful Post:
kerrywez (29-02-08)
Old 29-02-08, 10:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Jimdefruit
Dreamy Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Jimdefruit

Gemini is not fake, it is an image created by a very respected team.

The team is basically supporting the Dream Multimedia company in compatting the production of cheap copies of the sat receivers.

Now that Gemini have suposedly produced an image that actually damages cloned dreamboxes I take back my comment that Gemini are a respected team. They have lost respect from many Dreambox enthusiasts.

If you like what you see here, tell your friends.

Last edited by Jimdefruit : 16-04-08 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Last paragraph added.
Jimdefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-08, 11:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
ecallawevad

Dreambox is useless without an image. The image and plugins are everything. You wouldn't expect Microsoft to make their operating system stop working on certain PC's such as AMD. Unless they owned stakes or were paid by all of the other brands.
AMD have cloned Intel CPU's in the past.
If Gemini were independent of Dream, then they should be happy that people use their image regardless of what hardware its on.
If its all about protecting customers from being ripped off, then the cloned db's are obviously very good to cause this much of a stir.
ecallawevad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-08, 11:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
ecallawevad

Have you seen the new patched Gemini 4.30 image, designed to work on DB clones? ........ Nor have I but its a thought I suppose.
ecallawevad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-08, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jimdefruit
Dreamy Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Jimdefruit

The satellite community is there to do what they are not supposed to.

Put up a barrier and there will be a hole in it as soon as you blink. That is the way it should be and I am suprised anyone should expect anything different.

If you like what you see here, tell your friends.
Jimdefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimdefruit For This Useful Post:
kerrywez (29-02-08)
Old 29-02-08, 02:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
kerrywez

Send a message via MSN to kerrywez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecallawevad View Post
Dreambox is useless without an image. The image and plugins are everything. You wouldn't expect Microsoft to make their operating system stop working on certain PC's such as AMD. Unless they owned stakes or were paid by all of the other brands.
AMD have cloned Intel CPU's in the past.
If Gemini were independent of Dream, then they should be happy that people use their image regardless of what hardware its on.
If its all about protecting customers from being ripped off, then the cloned db's are obviously very good to cause this much of a stir.
You are missing the point. We are not talking about chips here. What we are talking about is the hardware. The only stir that I can see is from those who have been duped into buying a DB that they thought was genuine or those who bought the cheap clone and copy boxes.

If you want to use MS as a comparision then you would need to be talking about the operating system, not what chips are used in a computer.

This debate is about the right of those in the satellite community who make software for a specific box, the Dreambox. It is the right of those who do make the images and the emus to decide what use should be made of the software and if they, as I see it rightly, decide that THEIR software should have a control in it that will only allow it to be used with a genuine dreambox, then it is their right to do so.

In the end of the day if there were no clones or copies this debate would not be taking place. If there is a guilty party here it is those who produce the clones and the copies. As with everything in life you get what you pay for and if you pay for sh*t and then the sh*t is stopped from working, by what is, in my opinion, a very reasonable safeguard being put in place to protect all those who have paid for the genuine product, then tough.

I am sorry if the stance that I, and others, have taken is not what some people would like to hear. I paid good money for what I have and I do not see why I and anyone who has bought a genuine dreambox should be sponsoring those who are damaging the further development of what is considered to be the top satellite receiver available on the market today. Live with it.

Very best regards Wez
Old 16-04-08, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
saeedco

ok then.i have to reload the flash once again .... or replace with a new one. it will work once again.in spite of their behaviour. sooner or later there will be a solution
saeedco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-08, 09:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Analoguesat
Site Moderator

You will have to jtag it - the timebomb in the latest Gemini version that has damaged the 500s clones wrecks the bootloader.

5 dishes for 5E/9E/13E/16E/19E/23E/28E

Please DO NOT pm the mods & admins for c&ble keys. You may get banned for it!

Read the rules before you post - click here to read them
Analoguesat is offline   Reply With Quote