Technology Forums: FTA, Satellite, Cable, Home Media, Hardware & Computers
|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  

Go Back   Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, & Tech forums > Satellite Help > Satellite TV on PC

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Satellite TV on PC The ubiquitous Skystar 1 & 2 PCI cards and SS2 USB.

Old 30-03-08, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
settingsun

Default Tt 3650 Ci Usb

Hi All,
First post and yes it is about the problems I'm having I;m afraid. I've read a mountain of posts on several forums but am just confused now so i'm hoping there are some answers to be had. Ok here we go..

Setup:
C2Duo @ 2.7ghz
Abit AB9 Pro Motherboard
8800GT
X-Fi Xtreme Music
4x1gb PC6400 ram
TechnoTrend DVB-S2 3650 CI USB

After much much fiddling with drivers, programs etc I can recieve hundreds of channels with the latest driver for my sat card lots of codecs inc Nvidia Pure video, Cyberlink, CoreAVC, AC3 filter and klite codec pack - viewed through DVB Viewer. I have tried TT's own software and DVB Dream but TT wont start (Intervideo Filter is missing) and DVB Dream I just dont have a clue how to set it up. DVB Viewer has a simple scan that yeilds results so I've gone with that one. Here are my probs..

1. BBCHD or any HD signal I can recieve audio but no picture I have selected both Cyberlink codec and CoreAVC but niether give me a picture although the AC3 5.1 sound is nice. Any suggestions?

2. Is there an idiots guide to setting all this up - I consider myself fairly computer savvy but Sat on PC is a whole new world of techspeak etc.

3. I have a prog called Universal DVB that has a config page that allows Vista mce to recognise the card as DVB-T I think but during signal scan does not pick anything up.

I realise this is a big post and maybe I should of put a noob warning at the top but if there is someone out there who could save my sanity I would truly appreciate some help.
many many thanks
settingsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-08, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
jontydog
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to jontydog
Default Re: Tt 3650 Ci Usb

Hi settingsun. Is it just the hd channels you are having problems with? If so I think there is a HD codec pack doing the rounds somewhere.
Old 03-04-08, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
settingsun

Default Re: Tt 3650 Ci Usb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontydog View Post
Hi settingsun. Is it just the hd channels you are having problems with? If so I think there is a HD codec pack doing the rounds somewhere.
ty for the reply, I got it working in the end with core then I got fed up with VMC and have installed media portal all tv and hd working many thanks
settingsun is offline   Reply With Quote