Technology Forums: FTA, Satellite, Cable, Home Media, Hardware & Computers
|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  

Go Back   Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, & Tech forums > UK Cable > Cable boxes > DBox


 

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DBox Dbox and Dbox 2 technical help and support - Sagem Dbox, Nokia Dbox, D-Box, Dreambox-C + Linux boxes etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-08, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Conn92
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Hey guys, in a spot of bother! Basically, I need to reimage my box, but that's not the problem I have at the moment, I cannot get my box to connect to the PC. I have a Nokia Dbox2 btw.

Firstly, I tried following Scotsters guide, but I am running vista, so things are a little different. Where it tells you to select the network you are using and put in the IP and gateway details, I got a little lost, the only place I could find edit boxes matching the ones described in the guide was in the TCP/IPv4 properties in my networks properties, so I tried setting these to the values the guide gives. The option to check/uncheck boxes next to the other network items, so i tried it with these all checked and then afterwards with TCPIPv4 only checked.

Secondly, I set up the boxes settings like IP to exactly what the guide says, both me and my father looked over these settings at least 12 times between us, they were all set and the guide followed perfectly, so I doubt the problem is here.

Next, I took out my modem and placed my RJ45 cable in the back of the PC and into the Dbox. The guide says to repair your network as this refreshes it, vista doesn't have this option or it at least has a different name (I looked, maybe Im a blind idiot or something). Finally, I open up FlashFXP, type in the IP, Username and password and hit connect. I get the error "No route to host", and this is my problem. I really hope you guys can help us, we really need the box reimaged!

Thanks for reading people, and thanks in advance for helping
Conn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
TwinTown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 147
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn92 View Post
Hey guys, in a spot of bother! Basically, I need to reimage my box, but that's not the problem I have at the moment, I cannot get my box to connect to the PC. I have a Nokia Dbox2 btw.

Firstly, I tried following Scotsters guide, but I am running vista, so things are a little different. Where it tells you to select the network you are using and put in the IP and gateway details, I got a little lost, the only place I could find edit boxes matching the ones described in the guide was in the TCP/IPv4 properties in my networks properties, so I tried setting these to the values the guide gives. The option to check/uncheck boxes next to the other network items, so i tried it with these all checked and then afterwards with TCPIPv4 only checked.

Secondly, I set up the boxes settings like IP to exactly what the guide says, both me and my father looked over these settings at least 12 times between us, they were all set and the guide followed perfectly, so I doubt the problem is here.

Next, I took out my modem and placed my RJ45 cable in the back of the PC and into the Dbox. The guide says to repair your network as this refreshes it, vista doesn't have this option or it at least has a different name (I looked, maybe Im a blind idiot or something). Finally, I open up FlashFXP, type in the IP, Username and password and hit connect. I get the error "No route to host", and this is my problem. I really hope you guys can help us, we really need the box reimaged!

Thanks for reading people, and thanks in advance for helping
ur rj45 is a xover cable? or r u going thru a router?
TwinTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Conn92
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTown View Post
ur rj45 is a xover cable? or r u going thru a router?
Sorry meant to write RJ45 crossover yeah, and no, no router, straight to the PC, is this a problem? I thought it may be but hoped to go it wouldn't make a difference, not got the cash to fork out 60 quid at the moment
Conn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 09:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
TwinTown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 147
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn92 View Post
Sorry meant to write RJ45 crossover yeah, and no, no router, straight to the PC, is this a problem? I thought it may be but hoped to go it wouldn't make a difference, not got the cash to fork out 60 quid at the moment
i go thru a router but most don't but the pc i use has xp pro as vista is a pain in the ar*se.....never read the guide ur quoting but i guess the gateway is ur network card address and u need to set ur box ip address 1 below ur pc...try pinging ur box in cmd prompt....type ipconfig /all to check ur addresses are correct or arp -a all in command prompt

Last edited by TwinTown : 10-06-08 at 09:39 PM.
TwinTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
plasterer
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Thanks: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Am Running Vista here mate
Am not Having any Probs with FXP
Ifa Is a pain though
Post your Ips and
User and Pass your useing
Also the image on the Box Now .....Paul
__________________
If Your Happy with the Help Push the Thanx Button
Paul
plasterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Conn92
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterer View Post
Am Running Vista here mate
Am not Having any Probs with FXP
Ifa Is a pain though
Post your Ips and
User and Pass your useing
Also the image on the Box Now .....Paul
PC IP = 192.168.0.101
Box IP = 192.168.0.100
root and dbox2 for user n pass
The image at the mo is the NG image from next-generations.com, we've had it reimaged once already by someone my Dad knows, but I think he's been too busy recently to do anyones box for them, got a bunch of people waiting on new images I think lol
Conn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
plasterer
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Thanks: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Try Pass = dbox
Wot error you getting
The others seem ok
Are you Dirrect with Cable
Or useing USB appliance .....Paul
WotArea you in
__________________
If Your Happy with the Help Push the Thanx Button
Paul
plasterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
TwinTown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 147
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn92 View Post
PC IP = 192.168.0.101
Box IP = 192.168.0.100
root and dbox2 for user n pass
The image at the mo is the NG image from next-generations.com, we've had it reimaged once already by someone my Dad knows, but I think he's been too busy recently to do anyones box for them, got a bunch of people waiting on new images I think lol
just had a look at that img the user name and password ur using r correct......ur firewall configured to allow a ftp program?

nhttp.jpg
TwinTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Conn92
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

I get the error "No route to host" when I use an FTP, just trying internet explorer yields no results either, and my firewall is disabled at this point (both my macafee and windows firewalls) I'm using ethernet as my box has no USB (Why couldn't it have usb :'() and I'm in the Glasgow area.
Conn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 11:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
plasterer
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Thanks: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: Cannot connect dbox to PC, followed a guide, need help!

Not allowed USB in the Glasgow area Mate ...LOL.............Paul
__________________
If Your Happy with the Help Push the Thanx Button
Paul
plasterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Step by Step Guide to Using FXP (with pictures) Darrenm72 DBox 2 24-05-08 12:18 AM
How to flash dbox quick guide!!!! khan07958 DBox 5 25-04-08 08:33 AM
step by step guide to update your new rom to fix key problam. redarrows DBox 93 24-04-08 01:07 PM
trying to connect with dbox alexthekid DBox 3 22-04-08 01:43 PM
Probs setting up mythtv jontydog MythTV 36 27-08-06 07:15 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.