|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  Reviews   |

Go Back   Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, Mobile Phones, Apple and Tech forums > Satellite Help > Satellite Help & Support

Satellite Help & Support Anything satellite related

Old 08-07-08, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Holiday Home in San Miguel Spain

Hi,

Hope someone can help me. I have a place in Spain I visit about six times a year but I have no satellite to recieve english sattions over there. I hate missing football games and I like to watch the odd movie when im not going out on to the pub. What equipment do I need to recieve the Sky stations over there. I have tried the locals but they are a con. Where could i get the box from? I have a German friend that can install it for me. I just need the box and sat dish, the size of the dish does not matter I can always get a bigger one from Spain.

Help pls.
dawooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Holiday Home in San Miguel Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawooya View Post
Hi,

Hope someone can help me. I have a place in Spain I visit about six times a year but I have no satellite to recieve english sattions over there. I hate missing football games and I like to watch the odd movie when im not going out on to the pub. What equipment do I need to recieve the Sky stations over there. I have tried the locals but they are a con. Where could i get the box from? I have a German friend that can install it for me. I just need the box and sat dish, the size of the dish does not matter I can always get a bigger one from Spain.

Help pls.
Hi,

ideally a Sky box and a Sky card - which have to be "paired" by Sky so that Sky sports channels are available on that box - other general channels like Sky one and discoveries can be viewed on any Sky box. you can also get patched receivers that can read a Sky card and allow access to the channels but you do not gethe Sky programme guide.
depending on your location Sky sports 1,2,and3 can be received on an 80cm dish. ssextra is a bit tricky and may require a 1.35mm dish. bbc and itvs are very location depenant - you can get these on a 1m dish, in my area a 1.8 or 2.4 is required.

hope this helps
woborny is offline   Reply With Quote