|  Home   |  Forums   |  News   |  Blog   |  Reviews   |

Satmoz members - please read this thread!

Go Back   Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, & Tech forums > General Forum > Site Announcements & Feedback

Site Announcements & Feedback Announcements from Tech Watch, and the place for suggestions and general feedback.

Old 30-03-10, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanked 1,178 Times in 353 Posts
Default Satmoz.com members: please read!

Important! All satmoz members will need to create a new password - please use the password recovery facility to change it!

First of all, welcome to Techwatch.

Secondly, my sincere apologies for the delays in getting Satmoz merged into Techwatch, and for the Satmoz forums having to be closed longer than expected during the merger process.

Merging the forums turned out to be a lot more difficult than expected, not least due to a technical problem with vbulletin's official importer.

Main points!

1. Welcome! - I sincerely hope you enjoy the move to Techwatch - if you're looking for information and to share in technical help with boxes and software, you're now part of a larger community with the same interests.

2. Login problems? If you experience any problems logging in or using the boards, please do email me at admin @ techwatch.co.uk

Important! If your password is not working, please use the password recovery facility
Important! If you were member of both Satmoz and Techwatch, your old Satmoz account will need merging into your Techwatch again - please email me and I'll get it done
Important! Some Satmoz accounts may need to be manually corrected where the username in Satmoz was already taken on Techwatch - in which case, please email me!

3. Avatars - sorry, but unfortunately I was not able to merge existing Satmoz avatars during the merger. It is also likely your user profile will be missing details as well.

4. Keys, firmware, hex, etc - Techwatch aims to be a legal forum, which means we can't allow any posts or attachments containing keys, firmware, or similar material likely to lead us to be reported for copyright violation.

5. Rules - aside from that, rules are pretty basic and probably very similar to at Satmz - please do take time to look at the ten short sentences that make the TW rules: rules!

6. Staff - all the Satmoz staff have been signed up as global moderators, and hopefully many of them will remain with the new merged communities. Either way, there are a number of members of both forums so hopefully you'll see familiar faces.

Overall, I can sincerely appreciate that the forums merger will be naturally disconcerting for Satmoz members - it isn't nice to find yourself in a new community without having a say in the matter.

Unfortunately, there was no choice - one way or another Satmoz looked like it would be forced to shut it doors, and Ragabbader asked if I would consider bringing Satmoz here to keep it alive.

The result is that the combined forums of Satmoz and Techwatch creates one of the biggest underground satellite sites in the UK - with international support offered for non-English users as well.

In the meantime, we're still moving the original Satmoz threads and forums into the Techwatch structure, but rather than wait until that's finished, I figure it's important to get Satmoz officially merged here now.

As before, welcome to Techwatch and I sincerely hope you can feel comfortable here, but if you experience are any technical issues or problems, please do feel free to ask, either by posting in this thread, or by using the email address above.

- Brian
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to brian For This Useful Post:
ant16151189 (30-03-10), billythecat (03-05-10), brippi68 (04-04-10), chips (30-03-10), Conner (31-03-10), drsnuggles48 (06-04-10), G77 (30-03-10), g80878 (30-03-10), Glenn_911 (31-03-10), imported_Stripes (08-04-10), kerrywez (05-04-10), khan s (14-04-10), noassetts (09-04-10), Ragabbader (30-03-10), silverhair (03-04-10), southernsatellite (30-03-10), waqasahmed (30-03-10), ^^COMPASS^^ (30-03-10)
Old 30-03-10, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Global Moderator

Default Re: Satmoz.com members: please read!

Brian well explained

could you set a re direct from satmoz to Techwatch asap so satmoz users can find us here

regards Dave

^^COMPASS^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ^^COMPASS^^ For This Useful Post:
brian (30-03-10)
Old 30-03-10, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Am planning to, Dave - just wanted to double check you were fine accessing the forums - am about to set up the redirect within the next few minutes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brian For This Useful Post:
chips (30-03-10), ^^COMPASS^^ (30-03-10)
Old 30-03-10, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cable Box Genius

what's with the whole wide page thing everything is stretched <-------------> looks and feels awkward

" 5 European Cups "

" You'll Never Walk Alone "
harry_bham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-10, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mine's narrowed. Although I'm not having to use a proxy anymore, for which, I'm very grateful.
For every thirst, a beer
fj1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fj1200 For This Useful Post:
kerrywez (05-04-10)
Old 30-03-10, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

First off, I'd like to thank Brian for the amount of work he has put into the merging process. Satmoz is a huge forum and Brian faced a lot of challenges with the merge but he finally made it happen so thanks for that.

As Brian said, we at Satmoz were having problems and I made a proposal to Brian and asked him to help us keep the forum alive. I'm very happy to see the two forums merge together because I believe that my members will have a better experience here.

If anyone of you has questions for me please send me a PM or post here.
Ragabbader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ragabbader For This Useful Post:
brian (31-03-10), chips (30-03-10), g80878 (31-03-10), harry_bham (30-03-10), kerrywez (05-04-10), smoggy (31-03-10), stuss (04-04-10), waqasahmed (30-03-10)
Old 30-03-10, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cable Box Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
Mine's narrowed. Although I'm not having to use a proxy anymore, for which, I'm very grateful.

how do i get mine back to normal or cant i ?

" 5 European Cups "

" You'll Never Walk Alone "
harry_bham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-10, 10:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cost efficient muppet

Ooh. I typed in "Satmoz" in to google now, and its redirecting to tw. Good work
Old 31-03-10, 12:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_bham View Post
what's with the whole wide page thing everything is stretched <-------------> looks and feels awkward
Okay, okay! I was just experimenting. Changed back to normal width.
The Following User Says Thank You to brian For This Useful Post:
harry_bham (31-03-10)
Old 31-03-10, 12:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Badoingg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Am planning to, Dave - just wanted to double check you were fine accessing the forums - am about to set up the redirect within the next few minutes.
Point there domain to us from NS and DNS parts
PS.
Sorry I just had to talk nerdy there

(edit)
ps)
Your pointing it to your homepage (you should point it to this thread, might give some users a clear site on to what going on and stop mivering you Brian

So be aware don't read it. Your face depends on it

Last edited by Conner; 31-03-10 at 12:41 AM.
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote