1000b running OLD software

Discussion in 'Digital TV' started by Danielle, Dec 2, 2008.

1. wavetech

wavetech Active Member

if i remember correctly you can lift leg 11..or a 1b will work with 1000 dumps THE ATMWLS COULD HAVE BEEN BLOWN WITH A STANDARD 1000 CR1/CR2 DUMP THIS WILL STOP THE BOX FROM UPDATING TRIED AND TESTED
    try the boxkey database see if your b/k is in there first if it is its 1000 dumps

hth

2. Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

You maybe onto something there fella mine IS on the BK db which i thought was unusual for a phase b

Tell ya something its fantastic work if a chip has been lifted to reprogram it as I cant tell

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  3. AndyHiggy

AndyHiggy Active Member

think i have a similar problem, have 2 old 'modded' NTL boxes(where working in C&W area) now nothing, got the cards with them (ones a 1000 model the other a 2000 model) i isnt techminded so anyone nr Manchester Area that can 'update' them can have them. PM me

4. G77

G77 Moderator Staff Member

i've got one too! phase 1b and says 'not for this hardware'! it did have the no update mod done on it so i dont think it has been progged with a 1000 dump and wont update for that reason.

have virmin decided to no longer support these boxes?

i will be taking this one to tw to see if it will update on their stream. i do have all channels thou, just the old epg and no pin ect.

5. G77

update (well actually no update, heh?) my ird and bk is not in the db.

it just wont update at all.

6. andyd76

andyd76 Well-Known Member

I'm on c&w and had several 1000's update automatically from cr1 about 2 weeks ago so i think they are still supported. Only problem i had with old software is not being able to turn the audio description off which is really annoying!

7. G77

I've had that too! on pace 1010T's. It's funny at first but the giggles quickly wear off!

I think this prob might be more recent than a fortnight ago. I've done a 2000 last week and it updated ok.

8. andyd76

andyd76 Well-Known Member

I had a 2000 update on saturday if that helps, i forced the updated though as i coouldn't be bothered to wait.

9. wavetech

wavetech Active Member

i have blown 1b atmels with a 1000 cr2 dump and they will not update ...in the days of cr3 when you got ppv with a funcard
    the only way to update these boxes i know is to put a working 1b dump on them and let them update

hope this helps