C Band Extended C Band Chat

Discussion in 'Fringe reception C band' started by martin-f, Nov 28, 2017.

1. martin-f

martin-f Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hi J, yes i think hes sorted if he has a SMW i think they was knocking up a couple of grand,

I looked at your model pal but i want to cover the whole band and have circular and liner in C and KU so i need two feedhorns to do that, i am not expecting good signals from KU band but a few peeps have praised the dish even with the bigger holed mesh, if i am not happy with KU i will replace mesh at a later date,

Ive just sent this company a message i think it was the one i was referring to earlier, i will let you know when they contact me.

Actox VSAT Satellite Communications Ka-Band Ku-Band C-Band Waveguide Equipment BUC LNB

jaes likes this.
  2. jaes

jaes Member

Thanks for the links Mart, Iv'e got the JRC-NJS 8488H 4.5 - 4.8 one here and used it for a while a couple of years ago but it was a ball-ache swapping it out on the dish when i wanted to look at the rest of the band and was one of the reasons i went for the Norsat 8000RI.
    Now that Actox AL6X full range 3.4 - 4.8 GHz looks interesting so keep me posted please if you get a costing for it.

martin-f likes this.
  3. martin-f

How does the JRC compare with the Norsat out of interest John please the JRC is a bit more expensive from memory i did look at that one as well,

I also looked at the cheap unit from Brazil that was mentioned recently on sats forum, i read claims it opens 3.4 to 4.8 ghz how true this is i don't know,

Yes its a pain swapping and changing pal i am trying to avoid it myself,

From what i can make out the AL6X is 500khz so it could work out a cheap unit, i sent a message last night and will get back to you as soon as i here anything, its one i want to chase up for myself as well so in my own interest to pursue it.

4. jaes

jaes Member

Re: the JRC 4.5 to 4.8, i can't remember it standing out as being extra special compared to the 4.5 to 4.8 range of the Norsat 8000RI unit Mart, I don't think the Norsat was available at the time and the JRC was the option to the more expensive SMW expensive lump.
    If you manage to pull off the mod for motorising the skew / polarity on the ADL C/Ka feed, which will be a great achievement btw, you could sling the 4.5-4.8 lump on one port and the conventional 3.4-4.2 on the other port and swing the whole lot around for polarity - i look forward to that :).
    Keep me posted on the AL6X chap.

martin-f likes this.
  5. martin-f

Thank you for the information John, yes SMW is very expensive lump i cant justify paying that sort of money myself but take my hat off to feedsat, i see Graham had some success converting a LNB to 4.5 4.8 Frank with the big dishes on sats forum from Brazil posted a link to a modification if you translate it G gets a mention on the last page hes on to something there,

I am unsure how difficult it would be to do the opposite with a 4.5 4.8 and convert it backwards to open up 3.4 and upwards this sort of thing is well out of my league but if your not going to use it might be worth a word with G,

I don't really see any problems with the motorised skew John tbh apart from locating the lazy susan to the correct size, one thing that was puzzling me was the electrical bit but i think ive sussed that out, there is a motor and a pot, the motor controls the pot and the pot controls the motor its as simple as that as i see it, i will see how it goes in the near future,

As soon as i here back from them i will let you know asap pal ive created an account with them as well hopefully Monday we should here something.

6. martin-f

My extended C band LNB landed in Rotherham this morning so popped over paid the duty and picked it up.
    DSC_0098.JPG

jaes likes this.
  7. jaes

jaes Member

Satellites Community - Extended C-band

Martin, i'll put the link to Edgar's site here for Extended C-band reports - it's a lot quicker than me typing it all up. These lads are on the ball with the listings as well ;)

martin-f likes this.
  8. martin-f

Many thanks John i will take a look.