Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by martin-f, Oct 16, 2017.
Picked the new sensor up, everything can be connected back up and do some testing .
I'm busy with household projects at the moment but did find time to put the motor back together. I've just used washer for the idler sprockets there sandwiched between oilite bushes.
Excellent refurb mate! Good to see! Miss your projects
Thanks CB hope all is well , lots more to come on this project stay tuned in .
Ye all good in the hood mate! Hows things? Have you still got the dish on your home made movable arm? Looking forward to seeing the end result on this project.
Hi CB glad all is good in the hood , the 2.3 is still sat on the movable base for the time being, after the holidays I will be resuming work on the paraclipse and it will be sat on the movable base, I made the base proper HD out of railway sleepers so it will have no issues taking this dish no wood pallets here ,
Keep popping in pal I'm always up to something .
No not your current mover! You had a CM 1.8 on an arm you could elevate up n down to work on?
Hi CB no I did away with that a while ago now, I built a mobile base to get round planning it was documented on sats forum,
I will be fabricating a lifting system for this install that bolts onto the movable base.
Ah yes I remember that post now. Good luck with it mate.
Thanks cb it will be as good as new once complete I cant wait to continue work on her.
Ill be starting work again on this project in the coming days/next week,
I've been running cables in the living room for the new dish and a 1.2 channel master, cables left to run in is one run of pro coax cable/wire for skew control/wire for inclined orbit control/and a new actuator cable run for the 1.2 CM,
All in all eight coax cables from two dishes to two TV and STB, one run of terrestrial cable with rotator control split to two TV and STB, three actuator wires including earth wires, skew control wires x2,
Wires need routing out of the other side of the chimney breast into a cavity ive created then into a writing bureau via a wall faceplate, the new actuator wire is five core and will enable me to earth everything up.
Only a few wires to TV one picture one, wires hanging out of the fireplace are for TV two.
Good future proofing! Don't light that fire
Thanks CB I think I have everything covered, its only a case of removing the skirting board and routing behind it if i need to add anything in the future .
More cables run just hdmi cables left to run in and a actuator wire to extend, All my setup will be on the fused spur one switch and everything is off/on, I have a 8/10 plug surge protector I will connect up into a false back inside the unit,
At long last my wires will be as neat as can be instead of a tangled mess all over the room cant wait to get the dish up now and see what I can grab .
All cables now in place, ive bought a writing bureau for my equipment (see pic) all cables will be neatly routed in to this I will put a false back in it to hide most of the cables.
Hi, Ive been opening up my arc to the west today in preparation for the install, i have a good westerly arc but a old tree has been blocking it, not no more i am free to roam
Now Fuel for the woodburner?
You're getting close to the range I had when I initially installed the Paraclipse, 70E to 53W
Hi CB, the chap who i helped chop them down took the wood for his fire, i cant use mine now its full of coax cables
Hi Ian my arc will be greater than ive shown above 70.5E 75W should/might be visible without any obstructions if my calculations are correct fingers crossed.
My plan for the install, its nothing special i am just going to modify a ham radio tower design,
This is the plan.
And bolt it to the front end of my movable base,
When its not in use i will lower it out of sight, the telescopic part will only be used as and when i want to dx the ends of the arc, it will bolt on/off a fixed RSJ concreted in the ground.
Separate names with a comma.