Paraclipse 3.8 on H to H mount restoration/installation

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by martin-f, Oct 16, 2017.

1. jaes

jaes Member

Ok, thanks Martin & Ian, put my name on it then and i'll rescue it until needed. I'll measure the rear opening of me Volvo V70 estate and see if it will slide in with the back seats down - otherwise i can knock a bit of a rack up to fit on the cars roof bars. My better half has a friend who lives in Newark so i could kill two birds with one stone - drop her off and then pop over to Lincoln - Thanks again chaps - i'll keep you informed once i have arranged the visit to Newark asap.

martin-f likes this.
  2. martin-f

martin-f Well-Known Member Staff Member

It would be a shame to scrap it John its a nice dish also nice to see it go to a hobbyist and get some use. ive been cleaning a few bits of metal up and painting so i included your brackets, i will give them another coat when i do my other parts.
    DSC_0111.JPG

jaes likes this.
  3. jaes

jaes Member

Chars .... for the time being i'll designate it as my Ka test rig to take the place of a 1.2 CM i used to use on a mobile platform that wheels in and out of the garage when needed. I will also be able to evaluate the difference between the fixed motorised 1.2 Gibby Ka install that i use now and this 1.5 . If the 1.5 looks ok i will then go about building another multi Ka lnb changer for it and do the required extra fortification of the reflector to withstand all the extra hardware stresses it will get put onto it to avoid warping etc. Iv'e got a CM polor mount & a few bits knocking about as well that i can cobble together for it. This can all be done in the garage out of the cold like i did the 1.2 Gibby- will also give me something extra to do when the weather turns nasty.
    Re: fitting it inside the car , i was talking out of me a*se Mart , just measured the opening and it's nowhere near wide enough so it will have to be a strap on job arrangement to the roof bars

martin-f likes this.
  4. martin-f

Sounds like a good plan John the dish will perform well i am sure you will be happy with it, unfortunately i cant install a roof rack on my car i cant see where one would go anyhow,

Ive had a email back from one company regarding the AL6X they say they will only supply five units at a time and didn't give a price so ive messaged them back and requested a price for five units,

I will message the manufacturer again ive had no response from them obviously they will be cheaper i will be in touch as and when i here something.

jaes likes this.
  5. jaes

jaes Member

Ok Martin, nice one thanks.

martin-f likes this.
  6. martin-f

Another part of the jigsaw turned up today :).
    DSC_0117.JPG DSC_0119.JPG

7. martin-f

Hi i temporary bolted the lnb's on and there's a fair bit of weight in the unit, my initial intention was two feedhorns and keep the button hook, i know the button hook's have a tendency to drop and i was going to do a modification to prevent this, but i have my doubts it will be strong enough for two horns,

Thinking out side the box if i want to stick with plan A i will have to make new arms, i will make this decision once i get to this point,

Its a beast :).
    DSC_0122.JPG DSC_0124.JPG DSC_0126.JPG

jaes likes this.
  8. jaes

jaes Member

a very nice looking bit of kit there :)

martin-f likes this.
  9. martin-f

Thank you John i really wanted to siamese it with this
    DSC_0133.JPG
    for circular and liner in extended C + circular C and KU, from memory there not that much circular C band about,

I guess if it's few and far between i can just swap and change as and when i please i need to get up and running first,

Ive still not heard anything back regarding the lnb i will try them again Monday.

10. jaes

jaes Member

... yet another bit of quality kit, The only birds that are Extended C-band circular with programming or feeds that i can receive and lock on my 2.2 is SES 6 at 40.5West . The other bird i keep an eye on for any development is Eutelsat 65 West which is linear. There are other Extended C-band signals across the arc but my 2.2 is just not big enough to make anything of them unfortunately. I'm not really too bothered about program content on these two that i can receive as i'm only interested in fishing & discovering something new that comes up on the downlinks. I'm looking forward to your results though when you get it all up and running though chap :)

martin-f likes this.
  11. martin-f

Thank you John i see feedsat pulls from 65W i am slightly more out of the footprint but think i might get some success time will tell, 40.5W shouldn't be a issue on some transponders, what are the other birds extended C please hopefully i should be able to see up to 68.5E maybe into the early 70'sW with a bit of luck.