Which TV is better please?

Discussion in 'Digital TV' started by Aura Todd, Sep 29, 2019.

?

Which TV is better please?

1. Sony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. LG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aura Todd

Aura Todd New Member

I couldn't find the right forum to put this in. So if it's wrong, please feel free to move it please? Thanks.

Box1.jpg Box2.jpg I have two TV's in mind but can't decide which one is better? Can you advise me please? The model's I'm looking at are:

SONY BRAVIA KD43XG8096BU (£549.00)
    LG 43UM7600PLB (£399.00)

Both are 43" my current TV (Toshiba) is a 32". The only reason I'm upgrading is that I would like to connect to WIFI to watch BBCi Player, UKTV Play etc. I have looked at both sets, and have been told that the Sony has a habit of dropping conection at variouse times.

Which has the better sound and colour?

Both have sports, vivid, cinema, etc. I did find the Sony remote more user friendly then the LG, but can't make up my mind which is the better set. I will be buying hopefully on Black Friday.

Many thanks and hope you can help?

2. cactikid

cactikid Well-Known Member

I dont use either but if using a smart tv an android one is better as more apps are available where lg and samsung have stopped certain ones from working.
    Do you have a sky q hub which has been found out to drop wifi as another item on network may have the same ip as router.Hard wired is better.
    Good luck in the quest for better viewing and before i forget how long is the warranty for each

martin-f likes this.
  3. martin-f

martin-f Well-Known Member Staff Member

I have two older LG 4k tv's and they work great the newer one of the two has a s2x tuner, no issues with i player etc, lg make good tv's.

4. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

Sony is a better name but recently LG seem to have better TV's. That said, I haven't tried either of those. I have an early LG OLED 4K and it has burn in of the Sky News DOG and banner.

martin-f likes this.
  5. Aura Todd

Aura Todd New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have fibre?

A year, but I can't get cover with Knowhow from PC World which i think is £6.99 per month. What does burn mean please?

My mum say's I should get it now, instead of Black Friday (which was my intended date) she said because of Brixet, the price may go up. My parents have a Sony.

martin-f likes this.
  6. cactikid

cactikid Well-Known Member

If things are getting booted off network recheck network ip of any things connected by cable or wifi.

Panasonic tvs think give 5 year,check out RicherSounds also.

Screen burn happens if an emblem is stuck on the same channel will leave a watermark=screen burn.
    Notice how commercial Sky emblem in lower right corner can change so as not to damage tv screen.

7. Aura Todd

Aura Todd New Member

I meant to say I can get warrenty from Knowhow.

martin-f likes this.
  8. lincsat

lincsat Super-Dooper Moderator Staff Member

The OLED Screen Burn Debate - Everything You Need To Know
    I believe that LG are manufactured in Korea. Unlikely that Brexit would affect the price of a product from outside the EU

martin-f likes this.
  9. Aura Todd

Aura Todd New Member

Thanks for your reply, I think I may got for the LG, as the Sony is a bit pricey.