Tag Archives: social networks

Three offers £5 per day EU Internet

Three Logo Major incidents of bill shock – an unexpectedly high or even extortionate seeming mobile bill – are generally due to one primary factor, namely, using the internet abroad. So it’s definitely.. more
Posted in All Tech News, Mobile Phone News: Networks, Handsets, Mobile Computing, Smartphone News

UK has biggest Internet economy in G20

internet We’ve pretty much become acclimatised to dour economic news over the past few years, since the credit crunch took a stranglehold on our country (and the rest of the globe). So.. more
Posted in All Tech News, Internet News: Broadband, Telecoms, Social Networks, ISP's

New social network for hypochondriacs

Sickweather The latest social networking site to pop up has put a novel spin on its service, the ability to check who in your area, or friends list, is sick. Ideal for.. more
Posted in All Tech News, Internet News: Broadband, Telecoms, Social Networks, ISP's

Teenagers value mobiles over TV

Ofcom has produced another one of its surveys looking at the nation’s viewing and surfing habits. This one is focused on youngsters aged between 5 and 15 and their parents, examining their use of media and attitude towards the various different mediums. The headline result.. more
Posted in All Tech News, Digital TV News: Satellite, Cable, IPTV & HDTV / 3DTV

One in ten leave Facebook password in will

Along with property and cash, it appears that many are now receiving internet passwords in the wills of loved ones who have passed on. Apparently one in ten are likely to put passwords to sites such as Facebook and iCloud in their will as more.. more
Posted in All Tech News, Internet News: Broadband, Telecoms, Social Networks, ISP's

Google+ chases celebs

Google+ is set to woo the big names of Hollywood, chasing Twitter style celebrity endorsement. The new social networking site from search giant Google is set to draw up a ‘celebrity acquisition plan’ it seems. With millions of users flocking to the site which is.. more
Posted in All Tech News, Internet News: Broadband, Telecoms, Social Networks, ISP's

Teens have free rein of family PCs

More than half of UK parents are clueless about what their children get up to online, a new survey has revealed. Only 3% of Brits monitor the online behaviour of their children, the study found, leaving 97% of teens free to do as they please.. more
Posted in IT Security News

BT Business identifies digital personality types

With more and more businesses using social networks such as Twitter and Facebook, BT has been looking at how this type of communication tool can be used to develop business relationships. The company teamed up with psychologist Gladeana McMahon and found that it is quite.. more
Posted in Telecoms News

Sky keeps children safe online

With children using the Internet more and more, parents need to be constantly vigilant to make sure that their children stay safe online. The internet has become an integral part of the way young people interact with their peers, on social network sites, or even.. more
Posted in All Tech News, Internet News: Broadband, Telecoms, Social Networks, ISP's

Social Networks go mobile

Nielsen Mobile, a provider of consumer research to the telecom and mobile media markets, has found that 30% of mobile phone subscribers, who also belong to social networks, use their phone to log onto social network while on the move. This activity is particularly popular.. more
Posted in Mobile Phone News: Networks, Handsets, Mobile Computing